BASS BARN banner

Evinrude Ficht Installation pattern and diag software

5K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Black Cloud 
#1 ·
Does anyone have the template used to install a 2001 Ficht 225? I want to setup the bolt pattern on my transom. I was looking for the PDF or plot drawing I could lay on the transom for a 25" shaft

Also, does anyone know where to download the diagnostics software that can be installed on a PC?

#5 ·
I need your email address, thanks

the cable is a standard DB9 with an special adapter on the end correct?

#6 ·
What is the standard, is this for all outboards or just evinrude?

#11 ·
The bolt pattern was first used by Johnson and Evinrude for their V4 75hp outboard in 1960. Years later it became the industry standard mounting pattern.

http://www.etecownersgroup.com/tool/view/mb/file?username=barnaclebill&id=637072

Yep, that was back with the old slide in brackets that stayed on the transoms.. They had screw in side bolts to keep the engines locked into the slide in brackets.. I would have said 58', but I remember some of those old Fat Fifty's V4's had screw clamps to hold them on.. 58 and 59's?

I had all kinds of problems keeping the RD 40 horse engines on the 13 Whaler transom. Finally got rid of the pads on the screw clamps and just wrenched(the tits) them thru the gelcoat into the transom..

I had 40hp Johnson climb off the transom one time during a turn and walk around the side of the Whaler and chew hole thru the side of the boat 18" from my back.

#9 ·
OK, so If I had a Mercury mounted to a boat and want to switch to an evinrude the hole patterns should match up?

I thought I would have to fill the holes in the transom with wood dowels and epoxy, sand and polish first but if they line up its just a matter of pulling the old motor and installing the new one correct?

#10 ·
OK, so If I had a Mercury mounted to a boat and want to switch to an evinrude the hole patterns should match up?

I thought I would have to fill the holes in the transom with wood dowels and epoxy, sand and polish first but if they line up its just a matter of pulling the old motor and installing the new one correct?
You got it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.