BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
He must have been staring at that camera with his finger on print screen for way too long to get that shot.

Awesome picture.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I like to leave it running when I'm not doing anything on the computer. Still haven't seen anything yet, but if thats real, its sweet.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
That's a very cool pic. But how can that be if we are not a producer state :confused: :rolleyes: Answer me that one ASMFC...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just for perspective here is some suckers after the rains a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
I agree. Are those suckers 3" long or is the striper 4 ft. long?
That striper is GIGANTIC compared to the suckers.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For some reason the camera has been zoomed in or something. It seems diffrent from a few weeks ago. If you look at it now though it is the same level that the striper is in. I really believe it is a real pic.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Its gotta be fake, look at the lighting. Those suckers have a serious glare on their sides because the light is shining directly at them. On the Striper the light source is from the top. In conclusion, a total photoshop fake, without a doubt.

·
Registered
972 Posts
along with the fact that the photo looks fake, why the hell would a 40"+ striper swim up the ladder? The ladder is at the very far end of the dam, and for a fish to get to it it would have to swim through some very fast water. The pic was taken at low tide, water temp in the hi 30's. No way a striper is going to be swimming up rapids (and at low tide it is rapids) in 38 degree water and find its way into an 8" thick crevice in the wall to get in the ladder. I dont even think a fish that size would fit through the slit in the wall and get into the ladder.

and as a side note, Ive been fishing that area since mid january and have not seen a fish caught in any kind of "swift" current yet.

its fake ;)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Thats a fake pic nobody catches fish there. Dont go there. There are no stripers at the fairmount dam or suckers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah, the striper has too much of a curve to it's body. Kind of like when you get back to the dock and open the cooler. The shine also looks taxidermish-(maybe i'll submit that to webster's).

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
If the suckers are 3" or 4" then the striper in the pic is around 12" max. Even smaller if the camere was zoomed in at the time of the pic.

Schuykill, ever see stripers in the wash with thier backs out of the water? I don't think it is a large fish anyway.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts