BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just hung up the phone with a friend was very exited about a new product he heard about. Fake bloodworms called fish bites(he thinks that's what they were called).
Has any one ever heard of them? Do they work? Are they as expensive as the real deal? And most importantly, are they worth the money?

·
Registered
39,870 Posts
Monkey,
Search the forums, we have been discussing them for a few months. Some have had great success other not so much. Worth a try vs. the cost of real, but... if the fish aren't bitting your SOL :)
Joe

·
Registered
31,754 Posts
Fishbites and Berkley Gulp bloods, good as the real thing.

I've been use using the Gulp bloods instead of rubber worms on my bucktails this summer, weaks and bass definitely love them.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I've used the Fishbites in the surf earlier this summer and didn't have any luck with them. So if anyone has any advice on how to use them more effectivly I'm all ears, until then I'll stick to squid strips.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Plenty of Fishbites at Abseacon Sportmens and Riptide in Brigantine. They don't compare to the real thing in my experience. 5 to 1 ratio on real bloods vs Fishbites with kingies at Brigantine!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I also use the Berkley Powerbait sandworm in the natural color. They work great alone, but most times I tip the hook with a small piece of real worm and works great.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've had great results using fish bites while catching spot for bait... pleanty of king fish (some nice ones) and flounder have grabbed them too. They seem to work good.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I experimented with the Berkely bloodworms a couple of weeks ago because I never had any luck with them for stripers. Put an egg sinker 3' in front of one and reeled it in slow. A fluke on every other cast! ;)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Capt Tates and Hands Too both have good supplies of fish bites and many varities of gulp, They have been the hottest product of the season. Thanks Tim

·
Registered
621 Posts
Best thing about fish bites is that you get multiple casts with them. Bloodwoorms 1 cast rebait. Fishbites 2-3 casts rebait. More time in the water = more fish IMHO.

Great results on Kings this year with FB.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I started hearing about this product mid summer. Ran into a guy while catching minnows in my trap. He was pulling in spot fish every two seconds, using the fake bloods. Learned more, and ordered several packages from the Fish Bites web site. They also sent me samples of some product. To date, I have caught tons of bait fish with tiny pcs of the Bag O' Worms (name of the fake bloods), but tried fishing them in the surf etc a few times with little to no success. Of course, fish need to be there for anything to work! However, this past weekend in the surf- mullet etc worked fine for blues & kingfish that were running, no luck w/ the Bag O' Worms. I am going to keep trying them. Also bought a couple of other items- Fish N Strips (look like cut squid strips)in clam scent, and Bait Bait, for catching bait fish on small rigs. Not yet ready to give a ringing endorsement. The Bait Bait & fake bloods cut to tiny pcs were great for spot fish, but then again most times you can get them on most any soft red artificial. We shall see. Have seen tons of testimonials and been discussed here for months. I'll report again when I try them all in all conditions etc. One thing for sure- much easier to buy right from their site. Easy ordering & fast delivery, with a free sample as well. I could not find a retail store that had all of their products so I searched the WEB & found that you could order direct. No great $$ savings though, same as retail but it was easier.

Good luck, let me know how you make out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
One more thing- if this stuff works well, I'll love it even more because it is tough. Has a mesh backing, stays on your hook forever. Looks like it would survive many casts/catches. Stll think there is no magic bullet though! Have somehow done well enough over the years without it, but if it's something worth having in your box, it could come in very handy.

Good luck................

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.