BASS BARN banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,920 Posts
Be more specific. I don't think you'll have much luck off the bulkhead at Faunce Landing. I don't think fishing is even permitted there. You can certainly put your boat in and get to stripers.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
While Faunce Landing Bulkhead definately would not be one of my first choices if I wanted to bring home a striper it definately has its possibilities. You are permited to fish and crab of the bulkhead and it has its dedicated devotees who fish there almost every day, so they must be catching something.

At the present the creek is absolutely loaded with peanut bunker and there is a big school of fish that comes in with the tide every day. Most of the fish I have seen are bluefish to over 3 pounds but I am sure there are weakfish and stripers with them. A couple years ago a couple of my North Jersey buddies had a great catch of stripers right under the osprey nest at the mouth of the creek while all the locals sped past to farther waters.

Every year at this time a few nice bass are pulled out of the old pool behind the shell station on route 30 that are gorged on the peanuts that get into the pool and I'm always seeing really nice marks on my way out of the creek to fish or find bait. The creek is full of deep holes drop offs and bait and I'm sure if anyone gave it a try they would find more fish than anyone imagines who boats out of it every day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts