1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
7'6" St.croix with a Penn 955 20lb PP

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
i am building a Lami CGBT781L might use the ti guides.or the blnag,,with the new shimano chonagraph 50MG reel,and acid wrapped

[ 02-18-2005, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: paul708 ]

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have a pinnacle 6'6" rod; very lite, lots of eyelets with a shimono baitcast reel, actually have two, one for bucktailing and one I deadstick in the rod holder while Im bucktailing for flounder in the back with a flounder rig on it with a minnow or something.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
6.5 Shimano Compre matched up with my Penn 940. Or my Abu 6500 cl matched up my Lami Inshore Clasic. Or .... AAAAhhhh I can not decide. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
:cool: Gandson swears by his Walmart specials & grandaughter won't part with her Barbie rod. They both just rake in the flattys & my time is spent netting, de hooking & rebaiting :D . Go figgure
:D

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Originally posted by A Frayed Knot:
6.5 Shimano Compre matched up with my Penn 940. Or my Abu 6500 cl matched up my Lami Inshore Clasic. Or .... AAAAhhhh I can not decide. :rolleyes:
Frayed....Which lami inshore do you have? I just picked up a IC 70 MH, slapped an 5601 Abu on her...Mainly an "out front" set up for me, absolutly perfect...I was thinking about the IC 70 M, is this the stick you have? Thinking of getting one for the back. thanks

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by KeysKid:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by A Frayed Knot:
Frayed....Which lami inshore do you have? I just picked up a IC 70 MH, slapped an 5601 Abu on her...Mainly an "out front" set up for me, absolutly perfect...I was thinking about the IC 70 M, is this the stick you have? Thinking of getting one for the back. thanks </font>[/QUOTE]It is the MH model. I use it both for the bay and ocean. I find it to be on the light side for anything above dragging 6 oz.

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Just love my Rogue conventional. 8 foot 2 inches and light as a feather. Tried it once and stripped it down. Rotated the guides (acid or Roberts) Thin as a dart at the tip but very stiff for excellent action.

Also have a Crowder rod that is almost identical but Only 8 foot in length. I believe it's the same blank.

Almost forgot. Shimano Curado with 10 pound Fireline.

[ 02-20-2005, 06:23 AM: Message edited by: chunking ]

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Originally posted by A Frayed Knot:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by KeysKid:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by A Frayed Knot:
Frayed....Which lami inshore do you have? I just picked up a IC 70 MH, slapped an 5601 Abu on her...Mainly an "out front" set up for me, absolutly perfect...I was thinking about the IC 70 M, is this the stick you have? Thinking of getting one for the back. thanks </font>[/QUOTE]It is the MH model. I use it both for the bay and ocean. I find it to be on the light side for anything above dragging 6 oz.
</font>[/QUOTE]Yeah im thinking 3/4 to about 2 1/4 is about perfect for this rod...but Im guessing it could drag a couple onces and eel nicely
Really a verstile stick.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.