BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could only take ONE :rolleyes: Spinning setup for a backbay flattie trip, what would it be?

[ 02-18-2005, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: finaddict5 ]

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Any one that doesnt get stepped on. :D

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by finaddict5:
If you could only take ONE :rolleyes: Spinning setup for a backbay flattie trip, what would it be?
Hey Brian are you having a case of cabin fever or what? OK for my answer, I would take my 6.5 foot Ugly Stick with my Simano 3500 baitrunner. It is smooth as silk and you can feel every bump using 30 lb Power Pro.
:D

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes on the cabin fever Rick! :D :eek: :rolleyes:
No golfers at the club, too cold. :eek: Just dreaming of rising water temps. ;)
For me it's 6'6" Shimano Compre with a Shimano Stradic 2500 and 20 lb. Power Pro.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I like my St. Croix premier 7' med weight fast action with a stradic 4000 reel and power pro.

[ 02-19-2005, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: duckdiggler ]

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
7' St. Croix med. action w/Abu Ambassador 5500 or 6500 and powere pro

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
oops sorry, thought this was the favorite casting setup

didn't realize there was 2 posts :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I use a shimano fx1000 with 10 lb test and a 6 1/2 foot graphite (shakespeare) rod. Light equipment is the most fun in the back water.

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
I have lots of spinning rods and I always bring one but I never use it for flounder. Have it in case anything else shows up. Just can't get away from the conventional for flounder.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I bought a couple of shimano very low grade 6'graphites for my kids, put a couple of decent-grade reels on them (one's a shimano, the other a penn metal)with 10# PP line and a small white bucktail. Anything over a pound and a half takes em right to the handle. It is so cool to hear the kids scream!

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Here's my BackBay Arsenal -

I use basically one reel,the Shimano Sustain
4000FD and change rods for the style of fishing
that I will be doing...

In this case,for backbay fluking I would rig up
with my G.Loomis GL2 6.6" Med-Hvy action rod...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm going ultralight this spring.
Over the winter I picked up a 6' MH St. Croix Premier rod and a Okuma Inspira IS 20 reel and I'm going to wind 15# power pro on it. Planing on using the lightest bucktails I can get away with.

If I can't catch a 10 lber the 3 lbers may as well feel like 10lbs

Anyone ever use one of the baitcasting reels that the Largemouth fishermen use? The kind with the thumb bar and centrifugal brakes. I was thinking of trying one for tossing light bucktails using power pro in the shallow backbay water instead of using spinning reels. The thought of hauling back and setting the hook like Roland Martin makes me think it might be fun to try.

·
Registered
230 Posts
It does sound like fun. I just picked up one that im going to use for largemouth and flounder. Come to think of it, all my freshwater rods are rods i use in the back bays.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
Dr,No i am looking to get a LIGHT outfit also,i just sold the calcutta 250 to get the Shimano Chronarch Mg CH50MG weighs in at 5.9oz 10#drag.the rod i just made weighs 6 1/2oz..but i will find a lighter rod to make...check them out

1 - 20 of 21 Posts