BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I don't have a favorite but I do love fishing with senkos. Bass catching machines. Also any kind of topwater is alot of fun for me too. I love seeing a fish chase and then take a swing at my lure on the top, especially when they miss but keep swinging until you hook em.

·
Registered
296 Posts
A nice 8-14" wild golden shiner under a balloon float does it for me. Even live lined with just a hook. Drag them behind the boat or chuck them under some thick sh!t, and hang on. Stripers, largemouths, smallies and big cats cant resist it. My second choice would be a 5-10" fresh caught shad. I know it is not a lure but you asked.

·
Banned
2,153 Posts
*8 original floating rapala minnow in brown/gold. When it's cold out fish it very slowly with long pauses. When bass are active leave it sit long enough for ripples from the lure hitting the water to dissipate and pull it 4-5' at a time. You can even troll it with good success.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Spinnerbait. Chuck and wind. I love the strike on a spinnerbait. I feel like that's what bass fishing is all about. :D

I'm sad that it's not the best technique all the time thanks to increased fishing pressure and tackle advancement. :(

·
Registered
490 Posts
Flashback Hairs Ear (three quarters down stream-dead drift) un weighted Senkos and money hounds

In the surf - Teasers with delivery lures = diamond jigs / t-hex / deadly dicks:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
my favorite is live bait sunnie fishing and sight fishing

whenever in see a big largemouth and he wont hit anything he rarely resist the live sunnie

When I bring a non-fisherman/fisherwoman with me or I can't make any artificials work this is usually what I'll do. As I got better with artificials I don't use live bait alot anymore but it's still fun. My largest LMBs have come on live sunnies. The shot below is my brother's biggest on a palm sized sunny. He's 6'2" 240lbs and the pic doesn't do the fish justice. Sunnies have never failed me.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Buzzbait. All topwater bites are great, but there's something about the way a big bass or pickerel slams a buzzbait that always stops my heart.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.