BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright Faz....Fazmataz is a real slick name for the Betram....now how do you go from Fazmataz to the Lollipop 3 for the bay boat :) ? There has to be a story behind it. The kids look real happy in the picture soon and pretty soon will be running your pit for you!

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
That's it, Krazy8

In fact...the very first boat that my Mom and Dad fished on out of Mystic Islands was called the Lollipop.

My PopPop owned it and named it after one of his favorite songs from when he was a child: "The Good Ship Lollipop"

When my Dad and the rest of the Aunts and Uncles bought another boat, they, in turn, named it Lollipop II.

My Dad eventually bought that boat from the family and I started my fishing career on it.

It was a 16 ft Grady White Tri-Hull and we had a BALL on it.

When I bought the skiff, I had to come up with a name...and well...Lollipop III was just in line...

Another parallel is that my Dad had two boys...Lollipop II
I have three boys...Lollipop III

About the cute little fish on the side…that's a different story.

Essentially, I narrowed the potential graphics to about 10 different ones...from mermaids to marlin to flounder to cute little fish.

My boys, Jed, Hunter, and Victor, sat down and evaluated each one individually and picked the fish from the set...I was apprehensive about buying it, but I did nonetheless.

It was my way of making them "part" of the boat and the decision making that went into the boat...

The skiff is about family and the kids more than it is anything else...

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
by my 6 year old son, Jed:

Note the flounder and the school of snapper blues under the boat...

...and yes...I already corrected him about a flounder having 2 eyes on the same side of the head...

Look closer and you'll see the flounder is about to inhale a bucktail (just above his head)

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha...I knew it had to be something like that. You're gonna have one damn fine crew when they get older! Jed could be the next Guy Harvey :)

Don't worry Faz you'll have plenty to laugh at me for in a few months my wife is 5.5 months prego with triplets (2 boys and 1 girl just found out). I may be trying to rent the Lollipop III off you so I can get some salt on my feet bc next summer and fishing every weekend all summer are not looking to good. Instead of pooping ballys I'll be pooping 6 month olds and playing with diapers.

Haha...no worries you'll have a good laugh but I can't wait until they get to be at the age where I can take them all out!

·
Registered
27,561 Posts
See you in 18 jbones :)

Jeff, let me know when we are going to slay the hardshells!

AJ

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Krazy8 said:
jbones11 said:
my wife is 5.5 months prego with triplets (2 boys and 1 girl just found out).QUOTE]

Congratulations J Bones , Its been nice ...........................
LOL you're not the first to say that....

PS...I have never changed one diaper LMAO I think I'll be learning real soon

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
jbones11 said:
Don't worry Faz you'll have plenty to laugh at me for in a few months my wife is 5.5 months prego with triplets (2 boys and 1 girl just found out)
Wow! Congratulations! Triplets... WOOF!

I had 2 in diapers at any one time and it was pure chaos...my wife and I often joked: Imagine if they were triplets! :D :D :D

I won't laugh...but it's going to be a lot of work.

OK...I'll probably snicker having been down a similar road...

Good luck! Hope mom is doing well...

·
Registered
299 Posts
I can see a Barn Offshore tourney in the makings with the proceeds going to the Jbones diaper and formula fund. Hell if we raise enough money we may even be able to hire a few babysitters for them so you can fish and your wife can get a break.....

Dont worry it won't take you long to sharpen your skills back up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts