BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can it be true-someday a Fish's eye View...

Did anybody check out the latest Field & Stream
Mag ? They have a article titled-2010:A Fishing Odyssey,talking about the future of fishing...

They say Berkley is testing a $600. fishing line that can transmit data-water temps,depth etc.,and someday a camera is going to fit into a fishing lure.Since some fiber optics are thinner than a human hair,and the digital video cameras are currently embedded in cellphones,next they will be putting a cable into a fishing line and a lens into your lure so you can see the strike...
Cool Huh ?

Future Fishing Reels will have a digital display,were a miniature LCD readout will show your lures depth and speed,the water temp and an image from the in-lure camera.
Computerized casting,yep add a computer chip to make backlash control obsolete.They say with todays advances with centrifugal braking and magnets all they need to do is add a circuit board that can put all the impulses in the spool to slow it down.And You don't need batteries to run it because cranking the reel will generate the power.

This stuff is neat,but call me old fashion I think I will stick to my God Given Senses to find and catch fish....

[ 04-21-2005, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Shimano has a digital reel.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Rods get better, reels get better, lures and lines get better - But, I still fish the same way I did when I was a kid - you can keep the fiberoptic fishingline and lures with depth finders in them - I'd rather they pass the R&D savings on to the customers.

Now if they came up with a line that didn't need knots....hmmmm.

Tony

1 - 8 of 8 Posts