BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any opinions on which plastics are more effective. I have been using fin-s with success but tried some bass assasin's this weekend and had success. Just curious to see what people have found to be more effective.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Dunkin
Im not sure which is better, but Ive always been partial to Fin-s. Ive purchased the bubble gum Bass Assassin's only becasue there were no Fins available.
Personal prefrence is the Fins...maybe because I believe it has a better presentation, but that's just my opinion.
Also, I cant verify this, but it seems like Fins has more of a color assortment that Bass Assassins.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
White Fin-S-Fish in multiple sizes will always be in my tackle bags forever...

Years ago during one spring I had alot of success with Clear/Fire Paddle Tail Bass Assassin's,after that season I bought bulk bags of them and also in the colors of Pink Ice and White.
I still have these bulk bags, now I wish I could find bulk bags of White Fin-S-Fish becasue I buy to many 10pks...

[ 08-21-2005, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
477 Posts
This time of year I prefer Fin-S but in the middle to late Fall I use paddle tail Bass Assasins pretty much exclusively over Fin-S...not because the Fin-s don't work, but the Bass Assassins never give me a reason to try other plastics.

My experience is if you are confident with what you are throwing, you have the ability to be more persistant and end up catching fish.

[ 08-22-2005, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Casting disaster ]

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
It's all over now the New Saltwater Gulp 4" Paddle tail swim baits are going to blow them all away. According to the Berkley Rep my shipment should be in today or tomorrow and I have a lot of the swim baits on order.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I could see the gulp paddle tails working better
for weakfish, but I'm not so sure about bass.
I've always been under the impression that bass
strike out of aggression and instinct, not so
much because of scent. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I know the fluke were hitting the gulps yesterday...green swimming minnows. the fish were on a hot bite so I will reserve my final opinion. But first impressions are that these Gulps work pretty well.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts

Yep, they look great but I think I will keep some handy for when the Fish are being picky.
I have never had a Bass pass up taking a swipe
at my Fin-S-Fish when I put it on their nose.
And at 4 for $3.95 MSRP it could become a little expensive for a throw away lure...
Will See, I will try them.......

[ 08-22-2005, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Tried the gulp shrimp today. Fished half the time with the shrimp and half with 4" fin-s. I'm not ready to give up the fin-s yet. They both caught fish but I think it was more presentation than anything. I did notice on one drift I got into some slack water got a hit and missed opened the bail and dropped back and let it sit. A weakie picked it up off the bottom, so they must like the taste or smell? I'm with strikes as I think I'll leave them in the bag for a while. Love those fin-s!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for your help. Probably will stick with fin-s.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
If sripers are feeding by reflex and agression I don't quite understand what the attraction is with clam fishing and bunker chunks. ;)

God I love stripers but when it comes to eating they are as oprotunistic as catfish and if there is enough food around I believe they are lazier.

All I know is that this fall is going to be interesting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.