BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed about 22 miles south in 80 - 90 feet of water. Ended up with a 22" and two 17.000001 inch flounders. They were the only 3 I brought to the surface. Ribbonfish all over the place. Unfortunately, I dropped a $400 outfit overboard. If anyone catches a Tsunami rod with a Penn Fathom 15, I'd appreciate a heads up. :)

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Thanks for the report. This weekend was going to be my first " Fluke Trip" but the rain and storms put the damper on that.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I posted this on FB but thought I'd post here too since BB may have helped. "Here's what makes this local fishing community great. On Friday 6/12, I dropped a Penn Fathom 15 reel on a Tsunami rod overboard at Reef Site 11. I almost went in after it but thought better of it. The guys in the boat next to me told me they will find me if they catch it. Yesterday, I get a call from my marina telling me my outfit was caught and to give Tom a call (they gave me his number). I call Tom, who was on the other boat, and he says call Ron. Ron was on a different boat out the next day and they caught the outfit! I call Ron and he gives me the number of Kevin, whose dad caught my rod and reel. Today, I call Kevin and find out he's only 1/2 hour away from me. I went there and met Kevin and his dad and they presented me with my outfit! It is so wonderful finding honest people and for a fishing community that took the time out of their day to get the word out. Thank you all so much! BTW, the reel still works perfectly."
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Considering how 'Hard" the reef material is on Reef 11, you are one lucky man. If you keep that streak going, you may be in for a 10lb+ year for fluke. Great story!

·
Registered
170 Posts
good to hear you got pole back, most fisherman are like brothers doing anything to help a fellow out. Left my pole/reel at dock last week and was out at the reef when I noticed I left it behind. When I got back someone put it in back of my truck with note saying "I saw you leave and you forgot your pole so i threw it in your truck"- I do not yet know who did it but breakfast is on me when I find out who did it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts