BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since we can't post exact spots I was fishing in My neck of the woods in Little Egg Harbor. ;) ;) It was my first day out this year. I got to the Area I wanted to fish and others were there as they always are and I settled down for some fishing and relaxing. Well get a worm on and cast out. 5 Minutes later Hit and I get in a Sweet beautiful 12" striper. Quite small but perfect in every way no blood red on the skin or anything just a young specimen in perfect health.

So after about 30 more minutes I put on a huge worm and cast out and before I sit down Wack another striper but much bigger and great fight. Up comes a nice fat 22.5 incher. Another perfect healthy striper. I gently release him and Now I starting to thing I am cursed like the last two years of nothing but short stripers. Then I rerig that huge blood worm again and cast out about 10 minutes later A big wack and set the hook and another great fight and I get him in and I see that he his bigger so I get the tape on him and I see 25" then I thing No way did I get lucky and remeasure again and he still is 25 and I raise my hands in the air and say Yahoo finally. This is another very clean striper with no bloody marks that we saw alot of pictures of last year. I am as I type this enjoying with my wife Blackened Striper. I cut it up into about 3 inch chunks and seared them in a cast iron skillet in butter then finished in the oven. Wife and I are both enjoying it now. YUMM YUMM.

Well I finally got my first keeper and I am excited and can't wait to go again.

Brian

·
Registered
211 Posts
Supermag, Congradulations on the keeper, Im heading down in a couple of weeks to Oc, hopefully my luck will chang. Willie in NEPA

·
Registered
248 Posts
Way to go! Sweet when a drought finally ends, believe me I know - every couple years mine ends for a little while. (whimper)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I really should of said its my first keeper striper EVER. YES EVER. I moved down to Little EGG Harbor two years ago and only caught Shorts every years just no keepers till today. It my first and was delicious.

Brian

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Like I said to you after you caught it and when we were leaving, you lucky bassturd. It was nice meating you today. Congrats on the nice fish.

[ 04-04-2005, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: A Frayed Knot ]

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Congrats Brian- things are starting to "heat up" around here!

Have a great season.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Cograts! Sounds like a great time! Lot's more coming your way! ;)
Ginz

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Awesome job,thanks for the report !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts