BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well where do I start........

As most of you know I just went through a major operation and to say the least this was the last thing on my mind 3 weeks ago. Now with that being said I was invited to spend the day with The Grim Reaper himself today. Well needless to say with the title of this thread you can see that IT WAS WELL WORTH IT.

Left here around 6:00 am this morning loaded up to go get some weakies. Knowing we had a good tide and according to the weatherman conditions should be right so we left out with a possative outlook. We arrived to the location we predesignated as the spot to be only to get rewarded with a skunk after a few hours of hard effort. This is when Grim decided we need to hit another "SPOT" and see what is going on but again we had about the same results.

The conditions where not the best the water was MUD the winds where howling but we decided that we would go get something to eat and give it another hard effort. Well man am I glad we did. after a few more hours with only a herring to show things heated up real quick in a real good way. Grim hooks up to our first fish of the day and lands it. I start saying to myself this is great things are begining to look up when he looks at me and says yup I have the hole and proceded on his next cast within 2 minutes of the bait hitting the water to hook up again and again plays the fish perfectly and lands it. Me know starting to mumble a few choice things under my breath at him as he looks at me and says look it is done like this cast his line out and in under 2 minutes again is fighting another nice weakfish. Now I am beside myself we are fishing the same way with identical set ups rigs and in the same area but I am not getting nothing...... :confused:

About 15 minutes go by and Grim says I think the moved I am going to try and find them well not 5 minutes after he walks away I hook my first fish getting ready for the fun to begin and the hook pulls... :mad: (I forgot to check the drag to make sure it was set OOOOOPPPPPSSSSS)......Anyway I let Grim know I just hooked one while he was scouting and I was going to hang tight. Well finally after about another 30 minute wait it happened I hooked, fought and landed MY FIRST TIDERUNNER......YYAAHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOO. :D

After that the bite seemed to slow to almost nothing but we did get a few nice parting gifts in the way of a estimated 4 to 5 lb tog(Grim again) :cool: and a 26 inch slot striper (that was me)
That rounded out our day. We estimated the 4 weakies to be between 6 and 9 lbs with the 2 in this pic beings about twins estimated at 8 to 9 lbs each along with Grims tog and my striper.....

Thanks again Grim for a great day and hopefully we will get together again soon and do it again...

P.S. As a side note this was my first endurance test since the Heart Surgery and I can say this MAN I HAVE NEVER FELT BETTER...... :D

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Paul; GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK, Take care

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After further review. Upon going to clean the fish last night I realized I did not have a fillet knife here so had to wait until the local tackle shop opened up in the am. Well I decided to take the weakie with me and get it weighed. Upon weighing the fish I found out it was actually 10.15 lbs so The tool a pic to hang the I got my knife and got out of there. Thanks again to all for the kind words.

Kev,
I am limited to weekends right now but give me a call whenever you want. Talk to you all soon

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
nice fish guys .... Thanks for the call last night ...

Glad to see you you are feeling better Paul, take care of your self pal... I wiah I was there , but I screwed up a trip on a trip yesterday...... glad to see you out on the battlefield .. ;)

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the congrats but I can say this I AM HOOKED that was one of the best days in the suds I have ever had. Good time good folks good laughs. Thanks again Grim

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO Datsa my boyz. Nice job....congrats to you Pauly on one nice fish and also to you Grimster for getting him out there and getting him the exercise ;) . Hey Johnny...I got to make a trip with you but if I outfish you it's buzzer time...what do ya think Paul :confused: :D

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mike,
LMAO That is funny but I think we should do it I will be the official witness to the days event and Also will witness the buzzing if you outfish him......

I have to warn you though I have never seen someone as lucky as he is...LMAO

Let me know when and where I am game

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ron,
You know that is right....LOL...How ya been? I have not seen or talked to you in awhile.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Paul glad I was able to help your healing process.... :D Now we know that you didn't get any generic parts put in....

Mega bites... :eek: Okay! I will do it, but on my turf not yours! ;) ...and if I win, you shave your head bald except for the words....Grim Reaper spelled out with hair and not small either!....I want everybody to know what I have done to you..... :D :D :D

[ 06-04-2004, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: GRIMREAPER ]

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Now this is getting more and more interesting as the time goes on. I will be official witness to the events also I promise not to laugh to hard at the loser of the challange....LMAO

1 - 19 of 19 Posts