BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a 7 year wait I recieved a letter in the mail yesterday stating that I can get my Ocean City Beach Buggy Permit. Its about time.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
A seven year wait boy that is pretty crazy :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Goofy, you must be a property owner and resident. I hear they are impossible to get if your not a property owner there.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah Ive lived there for about 11 years and when I first applied they told me it will be a long wait I didnt expect it to be seven years but apparently there are only 400 out there and someone has to die or fail to renew.

·
Registered
26 Posts
GOOFY, How many of those 400 permits do think people really use. I have been on the list for 5 years now. I guess, I still have a couple more to go. HAHAHAH!!! Well congradulation, you must fell like you won the lottery.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
I been bumped to the third list.. :-(
I have waited 10 years and I would imagine
that it will never happen...
I was told by the clerk , my chances were
slim to none of getting a permit in OC after
I moved out of the town....

·
Registered
492 Posts
goofy your 1 lucky sob, i went to oc police station and the officer laughed at me when asked about a permit, he said i looked in good shape and to enjoy the walk, my permit would not be issued till i was ready to retire- 25 yrs.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I recieved my 7th permit for Sea Isle this year. I don't know how many they issue each year, but you never see more then 10 or 12 trucks on the beach on any given day.

The first 5 years it cost $25.00 for a permit from Sept 15th, to May 15th, and was run by the Police Department. Two years ago the city took over and raised the price to $40.00 for the same permit.

When I hear of the cost of other permits, the $40.00 is not that bad.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I never thought I would get it but I was pretty happy about it, there is a long stretch of beach that I have never really fished, such as all along the goldcoast, I guess I will have to buy a surfrod now. I have permit #210 of 300 maybe someone died or something.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.