BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the hip replacement Jan 19 and today Feb 19th I finished my RE-HAB sessions. Walking great, doing stairs without the need to hold on and feeling really super. I can walk a good distance without any issues.

Still not the total movement but they say it will take up to 6 months before it is as good as it will get. I have a few muscles in the leg that haven't been moved to their maximun over the last few years so it is just a matter of conditioning at the gym, which I start tomorrow.

I am feeling real good. I could put on waders and fish or fish from boat with no issues.

Headed to the march on Washington next week protesting the unfair treatment of fishermen so that will be a good walking work out.

Everything is a head of schedule so I will be all set for the begining of fishing season (that is if the weather can get ready)

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Glad to hear you are having a speedy recovery. I had a broken ankle years ago, and it was a long time before I was 100%, but you can get to 90% quick, and that is enough. The rest comes in time:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was very lucky, I had a painless fast recovery. They said I was one of the fastest they had seen. Now I am carrying a fair amount of metal. I broke and dislocated an ankle back in 1980 and have plate with 7 screws.

That one was pretty easy too. Broke it in January and was playing tennis by april and has never bothered me. The key was to get up on it and use.

With all the metal I now get epoxy fillings in my teeth. Can't take all the extra weight.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.