BASS BARN banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We set off in the morning hoping to go offshore in search of some jumbo cod and ling, but heavy winds and rough seas kept us inshore for the morning.

After jumping around a few spots and being plagued by dogfish we found a nice rockpile and went to work on some blackfish. It was a tough bite, but we managed 8 keepers to 6.5lbs in a short while. The seas started laying down, so we pulled the anchors and pushed offshore a little bit.

We got settled in on the next spot and started a steady pick on some nice ling, peppered with some cod. The dogfish were very bad, chasing ling to the surface, even grabbing them on the way up and boatside. The big suprise was the quantity of jumbo seabass that kept jumping on our ling rigs. The sun started going down, so we headed for the barn.

We ended the day with 40 ling, 2 keeper cod, 8 blackfish and an 8lb bluefish that ate a clam

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey bro

:bow:Way to hang in there art:thumbsup:Got to give you credit you never give up and always seem to get a catch to come together :fighting:Can't understand why there are so many dog fish out there:huh:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks man, I had hard conditions to anchor in and kept putting my nose to the grind stone until we started to catch some good fish. The doggies are unreal right now and I wish someone would open a restaurant chain to sell the damn things.........Doggie Charters anyone!!!!!:eek:

Capt Arthur Stokes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts