BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got first Bluefish this morning,lost another after he bit me off.
6 nice fluke between 16--19" along with my ONE bass.
Bass seem to be really spotty down this way for some reason,maybe I'll have to start fishing for them at night

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good morning Willy. Compared to mine where I get up at 5:15 ****showerandshave and hit the clock at 5:54am. When is Twisties open??

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Willie,
thanks for the report. Looks like fluke arriving just in time

bait or lures (I know bucktailes right ;) )
Tide?
thanks,
Grab

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fluke were caught on 3/8 oz chartruese bucktails with a short strip of herring

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bubblehead--weaks should be here by now,I got my first last year on 23rd of april BUT I haven't seen any signs of weakfish in our area.
Stripers are also real spotty.
My bet at the moment is weaks and bass are going right by us due to cooler warm temps (3-7 degrees cooler in last half of April than last year) preventing bait from coming in.
did begin to see a little bait yesterday but with the wind today who knows what will happen.
So far this has been a tough Spring

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Sorry boys but if ya want blues I would suggest heading to Fulton street . Theres a tractor trailer dripping blood up the garden state parkway as I type .

BTW plenty of trout , But I'm honing in on them . next are the drums and sharks My favorite season .

[ 04-28-2004, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: Fishpicker ]

·
Registered
334 Posts
A gill netter in the center of the state had 2boxes of weaks to 11lbs and over 7 boxes of 4to5lbs blues today.Great Bay and Barney should have blues by now or in a few days at most.With the wind called for Sun the bays look like the best option.I will try to post a bluefish report sunday night.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.