BASS BARN banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Capt. Fred Winward took his 29 Regulator, Stress Relief to the Wilmington Canyon this monring. It was snotty this morning with a 3-5 chop and a sporty 8-10 ft. swell in the cold water. At the break (47-67 deg in less than a football field) the swell kicked up and ran into thick fog with less than 1.5 half visability. Fred worked up the west wall to the tip in and out of the warm water all day. He ended up decking the first bluefin tuna of the year out of Indian River, DE, a nice 40 lber. Congrats FRED! I hope to post a few pixs soon.
Brad

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

Brad ! Good to see you tuned in and getting ready for the 08 season.
Former WC BB Alumni Blackfinjerry

·
Registered
9 Posts
picture of blue fin

Well the rumors are true there was a blue fin tuna caught yesterday. This 37.5lb blue fin was caught inside the Wilmington on the 55 fathom line. They were trolling with a green squid spreader bar. Not sure about the water temp. though. The Stress Reel-ief brought their catch in to the fish cleaning at Indian River Marina, where this picture was taken.

Let's hope this is a sign of things to come.

Pictured are Capt. Fred Winward, Don Wingate, Capt. Brandt Hart and Greg Hook, all from Ocean View, DE.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for posting the pix! Capt. Fred was fishing the 55 Fathom line and the water 48 degrees when he got the only bite of the day. The Stress Reel-ief was fishing with alongside 31 Contenderer boat out of Indian River, DE. Congrats again to Capt.'s Fred and Brandt, Don, and Greg.

Brad

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
MDCanyonRunner said:
Thanks for posting the pix! Capt. Fred was fishing the 55 Fathom line and the water 48 degrees when he got the only bite of the day. The Stress Reel-ief was fishing with alongside 31 Contenderer boat out of Indian River, DE. Congrats again to Capt.'s Fred and Brandt, Don, and Greg.

Brad
Proof that even those smaller bluefins are not as temperature sensitive as you would think..

·
Registered
640 Posts
Dr.Mike said:
Great post, great job. Nice to see a post on tuna. Forget fuel prices, I am going no matter what!

Dr Mike I'll ride with you then lol Don

1 - 15 of 15 Posts