BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone.

I wanted to share that this past Sat. I finally caught my first fish in 25 years. I was fishing out at Marsh Creek, west side, from the shore and I ended up catching a small LM (guessing it was about 8 in. long and had a bit of girth). It was fantastic to finally have something to wrangle.

I must admit though, there was a bit of humor once the initial Holy S$#@ I've got something, then the dawning of realization that the last time I hooked a fish my dad was with me and he always did the hook removal for me. Now I'm going to have to do it. I got a bit of a laugh out of it and of course as my luck would have it the bass practically swallowed my presentation, so it was not a rookie removal. The bass did swim away on it's own terms though, so I believe I safely returned it back.

I'm stoked to get back at it!

Cheers
BassMon

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Devil!

I've just begun to realize how a job really interferes with .... well, a lot of things.... but specifically the time I can spend with my rod in the water. :)

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Congrats on the first one, theres definately a ton of water all over this area, should always be time to grab the rod, even if its only for a half an hour.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Welcome back, BassMon. I went through about a 10 year period when I fished only very sporadically. I reacquainted myself around 8-9 years ago and have been a fanatic ever since.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Way to go, glad you hooked up. My brother and me were also at marsh creek Saterday morning from sunup till about 10:30 am and only had one largemouth between the two of us. We were fishing mostly for muskys but we were throwing rubber worms off and on also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts