BASS BARN banner

First fish of the year

2K views 27 replies 21 participants last post by  SIC Wit It 
#1 · (Edited)
I got to hit the water (delaware river) lastnight to see if I couldn't get my rod to bend. I only caught 2 fish, but that breaks the ice for the year.:thumbsup:

#4 ·
I got to hit the water (delaware river) lastnight to see if I couldn't get my rod to bend. I only caught 2 fish, but that breaks the ice for the year.
AW, you poor thing...:( :D

WOW! A striper?!?! What area and what did you get it on?

#9 ·
Yeah man. It was a suprise. I love catching Hybrids. They are thick and hit like a freight train. I caught one up at the Nock. about 5-6 years ago that was 37". My buddy that was with me about crapped his pants when he went to net it. LOL If Hybrids can't reproduce, where do you think they stocked that one at. Did they ever stock the Delaware with Hybrids?

#21 ·
I saw the broken lines on that fish in the pic and thought that looks like a wiper, but it can't be, since it was in the Big D. Now I am curious where that fish came from. I know that Nockamixon has hybrids, so I guess it might have come down Tohickon creek. My son and I saw a few in the creek below the dam a few years ago. I don't want you to give up the spot Ken, but were you anywhere close to where the Tohickon dumps into the river?

#24 ·
I know nothing about hybrids. but is that really a hybrid, I only ask this because I've read articles that there is a resident stock of Stripers in the big d that never leave, stay in the same stretch of the river year long

Way to start the year anyway

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.