BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i know this is not the right forum being it's a fresh water thing but, sitting at work today had the itch to go fishing so i stopped at the local bait shop (upper darby pa ) and picked up some night crawlers and went home, thinking how is my wife going to let me go fishing on a monday night after work.... then a little light bulb went on in my head KIDS. thats it take the kids got the NEMO ROD, and the BARBIE ROD and told the wife me and the KIDS are going fishing, two screaming kids daughter 4 and son soon the be 3, out the door we went, get to the lake and I have done it thinking I got out fishing and the wife did not seem to care, then i saw two of the happiedt kids in the world, picking up sunnies and small carp on night crawlers and #10 hooks, I for got how much fun catching these little fish was< come to think about it, the most fun was watching my kids get out and have the time of there lives fishing with DAD.... thinking it was a good idea to take the kids, i think it was the best idea I had all year.... sorry to ramble but I had to share the fun with somebody..... so am I the only guy on cloud nine when fishing with the kids ???????

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Thats what its all about. My boy is just short of 2 and I can't wait for that first day of fishing with him. Its a beautiful thing!

·
Registered
242 Posts
i totally agree, my son is 3 and he caught his first sunny last week and two days later i caught my first drum, but it was no comparison to seeing him catcking his and seeing his face light up.

·
Registered
241 Posts
hey i still remember my first time fishing with my dad and grandfathers those are the times i'll remember most. my daughter(6) & son(4) went fishing with me last year now they keep asking to go fishing. my son already has canyon fever thanks to the blood that runs in his dad. he keeps telling me he wants to ctch a marlin & a shark.(hey may have to go for the record for the 5 year old division. hey so lets keep kids out of trouble and keep them fishing or what ever else they love to do sports wise.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
hey so lets keep kids out of trouble and keep them fishing or what ever else they love to do sports wise.
I couldn't agree more.

Good story DABIGFROG. I think I'll go home tonight, grab the kids and go fishing.

[ 06-06-2006, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Joe D. ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts