BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the site, and I wanted to say hello and give my first fishing report. I am 26 years old and I own a 22 foot cc that I bought two years ago when I got out of college. It didn't take long for me to get addicted. I mostly enjoy trolling and chunking for tuna inshore with the occasional trip outside to the canyons on friends boats.

Fished on Saturday with my buddy on my boat (I know, small boat for this category). We trolled the Sea Isle Ridge from the south side to the north catching 5 bonita. We didn't keep any, but they are fun as hell to catch. The bonita were caught on blue and white feather daisy chains. We also saw some dolphin and stopped to try and pick them up on the fly but they weren't interested. We then headed a couple miles south of the 28 mile wreck. We trolled for about an hour then picked up a nice 37" bluefin on a yellow bird/green machine daisy chain. At the dock I opened up his stomach to find two whole squids that he must of just ate. I attached two pictures below. A great day of fishing. I am mating in a Viking tournament on Friday on a 68' viking (can't wait), I'll definitely post a report when I get back. We were thinking of heading north to the Tom. I hope were are right by heading away from the fleet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts