1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wiil Today Be The Day ????
Perfect Conditions To Drown Those Bloodworms
around GP.. Will The First Striper Be Weighed
In Tomorrow Morning when Scotts B&T Re-Opens ??

Did You Know ??? -
The Latest 1st Bass Caught was 3/27 back in 1995.
Will This Record Be Broken ???

Will See............

[ 03-22-2005, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
EddieB,
I believe that fish was caught in Great Egg Harbor Bay and Weighed In At Absecon Bay Sportmans Ctr.. As of Yet Nothing Reported
From Great Bay....

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
the fish a few weeks back came from a spot with a warm water discharge. Absecon Bay gave the guy a prize for weighing in the 1st bass at his shop cuz it didnt matter where it got caught. Scott's BnT in Mystic Island, NJ offers $100 for a 1st keeper also, but it has to be caught at graveling point. That hasnt happened yet, as of yesterday at 5pm, the last update.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by circlehook:
the fish a few weeks back came from a spot with a warm water discharge. Absecon Bay gave the guy a prize for weighing in the 1st bass at his shop cuz it didnt matter where it got caught. Scott's BnT in Mystic Island, NJ offers $100 for a 1st keeper also, but it has to be caught at graveling point. That hasnt happened yet, as of yesterday at 5pm, the last update.
You forgot to include Pebble Beach.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2005 March ??? First Keeper still not caught
March 21-23 Belated reports of short fish and bites! ~ posted March 26
March 12 No reports of bites yet. Winter weather this past week ranging from 65°F on Monday to 14°F on Friday. 3/12 Water temp:41°F (approx)
March 1 Season opens with ice on the lagoons. 3/1 Water temp:30°F (approx)

2004 March 6 Greg O'Connell ~8.1 lb. 28"
12:44 p.m. weigh-in, caught 12:20 p.m. Rainy day, 50 degree weather. Water temp:46°F

March 3 Yesterday evening water temp reported (at A.C.) was 38°F. We had skim ice on the lagoon a few days ago.
No reports yet, shorts or otherwise.

2003 March 21 Anthony Pitucci ~ 8.8 lb. 27"
1:35 pm weigh-in, Foggy day, 50°F weather.
March 17 A few spikes 12-14" bass have been caught and released the past couple of days. Surface 50°F on warmest days, deeper water still 39°F
March 1 Ice on lagoons at March 1st, water temp at G.P. estimated 35-40°F max
2002 March 1 Willard Hatcher ~ 13 lb. 30 1/2"
2001 March 16 Chris Sylvestro ~ 8 lb. 14 oz 29 1/2"
March 15 First report 16" short at Graveling Pt.
March 2 First report of a short, up in Mullica river
2000 March 3 Chris Sylvestro ~ 8 # 2oz 28 1/4"
No shorts reported prior to the keeper fish being caught
1999 March 24 Aaron Moore ~ 20# 5 oz 36"
March 7 Slow, first shorts/bites reported Graveling Pt.
1998 March 7 Henry Thompson Jr. ~ 9# 4 oz 29 1/2"
February 23 First shorts reported Graveling Pt.
1997 March 9 Alan Young ~ 11# 12 oz 31"
1996 March 22 Ed Varga ~ 13# 31 1/2"
1995 March 27 Ken Smith ~ 30# 8 oz

[ 03-28-2005, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
True Bayrat,,,
These New Regulations Will Impact Alot of These
Contests and Tournaments This Year.....

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
I am going to put my dollar in the pool for Friday... even though the afternoon tide is not perfect, there should be a good warmup and flow past GP.... if a Barner wins on Friday, don't forget to e-mail me my dollar!

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
The fish will be caught tomorrow at the bottom of the tide. Sorry Greg it is someone elses turn. ;)

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
if its caught tomorrow, it certainly is someone elses turn...... but only cuz I wont be there

Best of luck if you give it a go. I"ll be back out wed or thurs.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
The first keeper has been taken. Tonight at 5:30 PM a nice 27 inch striper was landed and ended the record for the latest a keeper caught at Graveling Point. Congrats to Lenny a local diehard fisherman of the point.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by A Frayed Knot:
The first keeper has been taken. Tonight at 5:30 PM a nice 27 inch striper was landed and ended the record for the latest a keeper caught at Graveling Point. Congrats to Lenny a local diehard fisherman of the point.
Nice, I was driving over the Mullica & Bass River
Around That Time, The Sun Broke Out Nicely and
The Water Looked Very Fishy,,,,

Congrats To Lenny ,and Thanks For The Report...

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Latest fish ever

I have heard that it was a late start before for sure :D

Thank God that's over

44009 still has not hit 44

That will draw those fish North for sure

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
First Striper Caught

It's finally happened and as predicted, when it started it would be in full swing! Lenny Senkarik, after way to many years being an observer of the other folks catching the first striper of the spring at Graveling Point, finally lands a keeper on Tuesday, March 29th! Lenny had plenty of witnesses as being the first keeper and claims the $100.00 gift certificate in 2005 for his 6.8 pound 27 inch bass. In fact, there were quite a few fish caught around him and the other anglers were riding him pretty hard since he still hadn't caught one. I suppose he who laughs last, laughs hardest! Congratulations Lenny. Tom Wyatt was here before work this morning with his 27 1/2 inch 7.1 pound striper which he captured close to midnight last night. Russ was kind hearted and gave Tom a dozen bloods as a runner up prize.
Interesting enough, Lenny's bass was taken just about the bottom of the tide while Tom's bass was captured at the peak of high water.
Sea Ya

1 - 20 of 20 Posts