BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kwow it all depends on the water temp getting up to 45 degrees in the back waterways but when do you guys think that will be? Im hoping by the end of march so I can at least read about something being caught. I probily won't put my boat in till 15th of april, maybe first week in april depends on weather. Maybe fred the chunking king will catch the first one for us to read about giving the rest of us some hope to get the season started! Im going through severe fishing withdraws.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
the water temps are running higher than normal for the time of year and spotty action very early in march wouldnt be the least bit surprising. Much colder last winter and the 1st bass at a popular sod bank was caught on 3/6. Years prior, its been as early as opening day (3/1). Think bloodworms and shallow mud flats. I"ll guess you"ll hear of bass getting caught in the 1st week of march unless the weather takes a tragic turn for the worse.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
We did great in 40 degree water at the end of December in the back. I don't know what it takes to get them started in the spring but I hope it's 40 then too. I should be out on the first since it's 40 in the back now.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Originally posted by aimless2:
We did great in 40 degree water at the end of December in the back. I don't know what it takes to get them started in the spring but I hope it's 40 then too. I should be out on the first since it's 40 in the back now.
I know bass can be caught at the end of the year with temps around 40, however, in the Spring bass need temperatures warmer than 40 degrees to "thaw" out. Last year the water temp was 48 when I caught my first bass plugging.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
There Very Well Might Be A Opening Day Bass
Being Caught Inside The Inlets...
Water Temps Up and Down the Coast are Running
in the Upper 30's Even In The Back...
You Really Need Them To Get Into The 40's...
The Next Two Weeks of Average Air Temps Will
Be Key, As Long As We Do Not Have Another
Extended Period Of Artic Freeze,
We Should Be Good To Go on 3/1/05...

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
A Warmed Up Out-Going Tide That's Been Sitting
In Bright SunLight All Day...Either Sods or
Inlet,it really depends on where you will be
fishing to determine which one...

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I think it will be in the 1st week of march on the sodbanks with bloodworms.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
ON FEB. 28TH AT MIDNIGHT EVERYBODY FLUSH.

SAT. OR SUN THE 5TH OR 6 SHOULD PRODUCE.

[ 02-16-2005, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: BIGGESTJACK ]

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
If your land locked the best action can be found at an area where a river flows into a bay. the extended forcast looks good for an opening week catch. :D

·
Banned
9,261 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
We are scheduled to put the boat in around March 15th. Last year we had our first bass trip of the year last year on March 18th and we started catching them by the 25th, with a steady bite by the end of the month. The first fish was caught when the water temps. were 43.8 degrees, and as it rose to around 45 the fishing really started to pick up. We are hoping for the same conditions this year. We will keep you updated.

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
I will be out one the 1st.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts