BASS BARN banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i'm glad to say that the other day(3-13) we got the first striper of the year up in the river at dod. wasn't big but its a start total for the day was 3 stripers and 1 catfish all were caught on bloodworms and the catfish on clams i had laying around the store. goin to be fishing almost everynight so if ur around give me a call and we'll set something up we also have bloodworms at the store call if ur gonna want a flat

[ 03-14-2005, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: johnseafood ]

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
water looked fine didn't see any oil or anything of that kind i believe it is safe to eat them since there coming from the ocean and they really haven't been in the water that long yet and the water is still cold when it starts to heat up i think thats when u'll see the problem don't know the temp of the water all i know is it was COLD

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Congradulations John! Most welcome news kicking the river season off, PS I talked to Capt.Pat about your Mate Job Give him a call Mike

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we went through the army base and the back gate is open then just hang a left and follow it around to the river we don't fish on the state side or the other way is to climb the hill out front

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Originally posted by johnseafood:
we went through the army base
you might want to post that I believe they still close the gates at times, so if your back there, your back there till the next day.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
we have alot of ways out mainly over the hills and through the reeds neverknow when they close gates or block the main road happened last year to us so we made sure it wouldn't happen again its just easier to go through the gate and not get ur truck all muddy

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Originally posted by johnseafood:
we have alot of ways out mainly over the hills and through the reeds neverknow when they close gates or block the main road happened last year to us so we made sure it wouldn't happen again its just easier to go through the gate and not get ur truck all muddy
John you must mean the low road,I was there today and went up on that hill in 4x4 Let me tell you I went about a mile before i got neer the river and was able to turn around! Was scared to death if I got to close to the edge i would roll the dodge over! Even Gunner was not comfortable with that ride.
Additionally Flood Gate rd gate is still locked with a note by Greenwich Twp police Closed to all but clean up crew.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea 1 of the cops is in our fire station and he said it probly won't be open for awhile i'll keep every 1 posted on when it gets back open yea it can get alittle tricky back there and hairy at times be careful got word from my friend he had 1(19 1/2') as of 4 pm and will be there tonight gettin a fresh shipment of bloods in tomorrow so i'll be out there

·
Registered
54 Posts
I went to the DOD today. The gate was moved on the main road. construction crews had fixed the road, and were movin some dirt around. I was able to get in and out no problem. Water was cold and muddy. Wind was really kickin too. I caught my first of the year, a nice 27" bass about an hour before high tide on blood worm with a fish-finder rig. Eatin good tonight!!!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tonight they left with 1 other fish just short of a keeper sounded like the night bite was alot better then day our spot is all the way down by oldmans there will be some of us there probly everyday now with alittle fire stop by if ur in the area

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
save me a doz. I'll be shakin down sunday fired her up in the yard and all seems well!

[ 03-16-2005, 06:35 AM: Message edited by: Fizz ]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts