BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2nd year surf fisherman...Coming down 2x this year. Would like to come down in May. Will the water temps be high enough for the fish to be active?

And......What are the best ways to fish for Herring?

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
djm,
Welcome to the BassBarn.Com,Glad To Have You Aboard Here. Enjoy the site.........

May is one of the best months out of the year to due a number of different kinds of fishing around OC..

Water temps will be very favoritable to Surf Fish with fresh bait on the beach or to plug at night for Stripers and Weakfish in the Back. And Bluefish will also be plentiful,not sure what will be left of the Herring Run by then,but dropping a Sabiki Rig off the Rush Chattin Bridge down on the Southend Of Town during a In-Coming Tide at Night will be your best bet...

Good Luck When You Come Down, And Make Sure To Give Us A Fishing Report Afterwards...

Thanks,,,

[ 04-05-2006, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
I'm not a surfer either, but welcome!

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
DJM, i will be fishing that area the entire month of May at least once a week, and i will probably take a week off in May to fish for the big tiderunner weakfish that will be present, if you know when you are going ahead of time shoot me an email, and maybe we could hook up and i could show you a few places. And also don't limit yourself to fishing the surf, most of the good fishing is still in the back in the month of May. Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts