BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never fished the infamous Cape May Rips for Stripers in November, so, naturally, when my friend and crew member, Jake, called to see if I wanted to accompany him on a charter with him, I accepted...

Jake made the arrangements with Captain Phil of the Little Debbie and the charter was due to leave at 6:00 AM on Friday? It turns out, Capt. Phil couldn?t make the trip due to business obligations, so Captain John Wilson of the Charter boat Chumstain, who is currently taking reservations for striper fishing, so if you?ll leave your name, message, and telephone, he?ll get back to you as soon as possible :D :D :D , and mate, John, were going to run the boat.

We arrived at the marina at 5:30 am sharp and the boat was ready to run?we hopped on and pulled out at 5:40?and were fishing by 6:00 or so?

Long story short, the first fish was landed by Jake about 45 minutes into the trip and we managed 4 total fish the day ranging from 11 pounds to 15 pounds. Fishing was slow. I was graced only with a skate.

Captain Stain and John did everything that a fisherman could expect to find the fish? even wore a skate hat! They never sat down and worked it all day, finding a few at the end of the day catching 2 fish in the last 40 minutes of the charter and kept us out a few minutes longer to see if we could manage another ? Hopefully the afternoon charter was able to pick a few out of there?

Overall, I was a bit disappointed that I didn?t bend the rod on a striper?but the day was beautiful, the boat was quite comfortable, the captain and mate worked harder than I would have, and it beat the hell out of working?

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
you my friend may have had a short year but you had to be one of the top offshore boats on the trips you made--you was on fire.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by BIGGESTJACK:
you my friend may have had a short year but you had to be one of the top offshore boats on the trips you made--you was on fire.
Thanks, Jack...it was nice running into you after the trip...our season was too short...now we have the motor to deal with over the winter...

We'll have to go and get some grub some time in December...

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
The Rips have been slow...6 of us were out Sat...fished from 6 a.m. till noon ...landed 8..4 keepers.did not see many landed on the boats near us.Thats fishing.

·
Registered
11,236 Posts
Yo Faz it was a pleasure having you guys of course I wish we would have spanked them but the action is slow amybe next time we bag the afternoon and put a few more gallons in her and keep heading east ;) :D Thanks again and the afternoon was a skate fest with one blue. :mad:

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by THECHUMSTAIN:
maybe next time we bag the afternoon and put a few more gallons in her and keep heading east ;) :D
Come May, 2005, I'll be heading off along side of you...hopefully we have the port motor ready to rumble in time for the toothy ones to make their debut :D

Winter in NJ sucks...

·
Registered
641 Posts
We'll get them next time. Capt. John did work hard to find 'em, and the mate worked hard fetching me beers out of the cooler... ;)

Winter does suck, unless the Birds win the NFCCG. :D Fresh striper while tailgating in the Wachovia lot is pretty good too.

[ 11-22-2004, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: Munchman ]

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
JAke and Faz,

I do apoplogize for bailing on the trip, but I knew our other Fearless Leader STAIN, would do his best.

I just had to stay back at the ranch, to much SH^T going on, last week. I'll be right with you in May. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts