BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all. Just finished registering on the Barn. My brother Bill and I have been reading your site for only about two to three weeks now. Last weekend we tried out his newly purchased ?97? ? 23? center console Neptune, His first boat by the way.
We?ve enjoyed picking up on the many technical pointers expressed by the members. We will also report what is and isn?t working for us. This past Sunday we had our ?Sea Trial / First Striper Trip? this year. The boat ran great, with no problems encountered other than a lost cooler on the way down. We put in at L-R, which is also where it will be docked this year. We had experienced friends on board for the maiden voyage, the old Shipyard crew. Bob from Cherry Hill, Chuck from Wash. Twp., and Bill and his son Nick are from Williamstown. We fished the last two hours of the in-coming tide all the way until four thirty on the out-bound. We used bunker and the frozen salted clams that were available from the Girls Place. Bob caught the first slot 25in., then Nick?s 25in. Then is was Chucks turn with a 27in. Bob again with a real nice 30in. that went back in. Finally Nick got his second, this time a 28in. keeper slot. Bill and I had a number of run offs and light taps, but couldn?t connect. All in all a great day on the Bay. We?ll put the boat in this Sunday and give it another try. The boat new name will be ?Slick Willie?. Stop by & visit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Varmitzapper,

Good luck with the new boat...I fish a 21 contender and really enjoy it....I trailer dropping in either in Cape May or LR. Will keep my eye out for you..

Good fishing

21contender

·
Banned
183 Posts
21 Contender, how do you like your boat. I have a 21 foot Sea Pro CC. I commonly take it to the 20 line, occasionally farther. I dont think the deadrise is deep enough to provide me with the ride that I want.

How well does youe 24.5 degree hull take chop/head sea and how far out do you take it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.