BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get some plans for building fish cleaning tables? My club will be building 2 new ones this season. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
160 Posts
What size are you looking for and how much are you looking to spend on building? Also, what features do you want. Storage area, sink with faucet, gutter drain system, knife holers and sharpeners, starboard top.

I built one for my buddy and he spent $800 in materials. It has everything I mentioned above and it is 8' long.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I don't know if this will help? How about used stainless steel restaurant tables. Bolt them down, resist the weather and easy to clean.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The features would be:

6 to 8 ft depending on placement on site
Double sink with faucet (we already have these in our old tables)
Hose washdown
Shower head, possibly with foot pedal
Gutter drain system
Knife sharpeners
Starboard or Corian top
Sun shade, option

Building them should be no problem since we have many talented members. I am looking for some plans I can use as examples.

There is a very nice table shown by Ramblin some time ago, but when I printed it, the mechanical detail was too small to read.

Thanks

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hey Road...the first picture that Big Sexy posted is from a company in South Jersey....fishcleaningtable.com. They make several sizes and also can do a sink installation. Give their site a look.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies. Gear, that is exactly the picture I was looking for. The drawing I had was too small for my old eyes to read. Did you see any pics showing the foot pedal assembly? We had also looked at the manufactured tables, but my club members would not want to spend that kind of money. Thanks again for the replies.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The first pic showing the underside of the table shows the layout of the foot pedal. You can see a rope which must connect on one end to the foot pedal, runs up through that pulley, then connects to the handle on the ball valve. When you step on the pedal the valve opens. When you release the pedal the ball valve has a black bungee attached which applies pressure in the opposite direction to pull the valve shut. Basically a push pull system. You should be able to build soup to nuts for $200.00. Glad I could help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts