BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a relatively cheap fish finder that would be good to put on a Hobie Sport Fisherman? I am looking for something under $175 that actually works.

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
sandwash,I just rigged a Lowrance x50 on my new Hobie yesterday. I took a lot of pics and will be posting them along with instructions or you can come to the Cape may fishing show next (sunday April 6th) 9am 714 Beach ave. where I will have it on display. The Lowrance costs $120. If you buy a battery pack, drybox, install kit, and a ball mount you are probably still under $175

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome! John, I will be in North Carolina for a swim meet from Thursday until Monday. I still need to bring my kayak over to you to have the seat alignment fixed. I never got around to it last year. I bought the demo from you early last year. Maybe I will bring it over all at once and have you install the fish finder for me for whatever you charge. I can also bring in some nice pics as well.

Dave

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I just put a Humminbird Pirhanna Max in mine last weekend and used it for the first time yesterday. The finder is about $100 and figure on $20 for a rechargeable sealed lead acid battery. I made a box, it's not watertight, but the battery is sealed so it doesn't matter. There's quite a bit on it on kayakfishingstuff.com
I use the same unit on my bay boat and it works great. I have no problem reading fish and bottom type on it. Yesterday it helped me get on a school of crappie and catch one just about every cast for 2 hours straight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts