BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fish finder sensor pulled away from bottom of boat, the question is. If I attach the sensor upside down, will it still read correctly or is this a dumb question ?

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Can you post a picture of what your talking about. Most transducers are on the stern. If you have a thru hull then your boat would sink if it fell out. So Im not sure what you mean by sensor.

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
My sensor is on the outside of the boat and position at the bottom to the right of the engine.
Really sounds like you are describing your transducer. NO, it CANNOT be mounted upside down.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes i meant my transducer, i used wrong word for sensor, thanks for the replies. I didn't think I could turn it upside down but thought I ask anyway.Thanks again.

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
I'm concerned about the bottom/transom of your boat. Did mounting screws rip out? Does you transom now have holes in it that are absorbing water?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The transducer is fine, it just broke away from the bolt holding it to the boat, replaced screw with nut n bolt and siliconed the bolt to make sure water doesnt get into boat.

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
I have to ask....whytf would you want to mount it upside-down? Been watching this thread to find out....why leave a brother hangin' like dat?

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Yes it will..... but you will have to drive the boat standing on your head.... :D

Seriously, have someone that knows what they are doing take a look at the way you reinstalled it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts