BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this little guys today in the killie trap at the shop. Trap was in brackish water near the Rt9 bridge on the Forked River. They are doing well in the salt water I have in the tank. I was think large mouth bass but not sure now since they are doing so well in the salt tank.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Looks like bluegill. Don't know how they would do in salt water though. Is the nose a little pointier than it looks in the close up pics?

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I had a few bluegill mixed in but no pics of them. They didn't do very well and before I knew it the bigger grass shrimp ate them. There was a bout 3 in total and the ones pictured are a little bigger and more bass shaped.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: All the sunnies looking ones are now missing and the bones where found on the bottom this morning. The snails and shrimp did a number on them. The other are still doing well and swimming fine.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The biggest grass shrimp I have is about 2" long, these fish were about and 1" or 3/4". Started dieing, fell to the bottom and the shrimp and snails went to town.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got this little guy yesterday. Thought he was gone cause I couldn't find him but he showed up today. Naked Goby?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts