BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working real hard this morning (not) and clicked on a few of my favorites to look at a few web cams and pine away about fishing instead of working.

How about that there are really fish in that Ladder.

And another.

A few more went by but I figure I had better get to work and stop posting pictures.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's Grand Central in there this morning. I missed one shot with 4 fish!!

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
That is cool, reminds me of the day when I use to fish for Carp up there..Alot of Good Times On The River In My Day...

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Would be nice to catch some 30" carp!! :D Those are big suckers!!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do these look like Shad to you guys?????

Lots of life there today.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Yep, I just saw a Trout also, But Missed Copying It..

[ 05-10-2006, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What do you think these are??

I just do not know my freshwater species - I did know the first set were Carp though.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Gizzard shad for your first question, most likely. Too shiney to be anything else, and the forked tail is a giveaway. Pics are blurry, though, so it's a little tough to tell.

On the second pics, top on is likely a channel catfish or sucker, and the bottom one looks like a smallmouth bass maybe, and a huge honkin' carp underneath it. Cool.

[ 05-10-2006, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: Fly Ty R ]

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Looks like a trout and a smallie.

There is some awesome fishing right now. you can sight fish no problem. the water is super clear and clean with the drought. Plenty of Stripers, smallies and musky being caught in the river. There have been 20-30 20+ pound carp stacked up in front of the fish ladder all week. Breaching like they are spawning. Just go to the edge of the wall and look down.
Some huge smallies around also.

May be the last day of sighting all these awesome fish from thr banks with the rain coming.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have seen some big Carp go by. Pretty cool. :D

These look like the freshwater varity of Bass.

[ 05-10-2006, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: SanibelFisher ]

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Fly Ty R
I think you are right. Ask any of the sharpies on the river and they will tell you when the gizzards show the Stripers are on there asses. Time to bring the rod in the back pack.

Cheers

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Here's a couple that I captured this afternoon.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Henry:
Nope, gotta disagree with ya on the trout call. Look at the head, mouth, and pectoral fin. Not trout-like in that pic. More like a sucker. But the lighting is so bad, you may be right. Who knows, maybe it's a rainbow brown sucker...

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There is just an amazing amount of life going thru that Ladder. It is great to see an improving ecosystem. I am sure things could always be better but still great to see.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Looks like the SmallMouths Are Moving Thru Now.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts