BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
I have a friend that started fishing for stripers up by the Betsy Ross bridge area last March, towards the end of the month. He did well, small local fish, but, hey they're still stripers. Might try it myself this month and get my shakedown cruise with my boat done all at the same time. Ken

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Striped killer good to hear that they are starting to come in to the tributaries and that you are doing well. I was wondering if you are fishing from a boat or from shore? If you are fishing from a boat is there a launch anywhere close bye? I am looking to go out either Saturday or Sunday and wanted to see if you are going out at all this weekend?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Planning on going out sometime on Sunday and debating on heading down your way or going up to the crowded outflow plant? Gotta talk my boy into going down there to give it a try or I am going solo down to your neck of the woods. Catching cats are still a lot of fun, not as much as linesiders but still makes for a great day.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
When you find the saltwater/freshwater line, you are golden. It fluctuates year-to-year, but in the spring, they come from the Delaware Bay up into the Delaware River to spawn and eat herring and shad. Generally, a good starting point is where the river narrows and there are bridges. :)

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
We had the state in here this week buying things and they claim the bay is packed with stripers right now and they are full of small bunker. Had another customer in that set nets off of Maurince river and within 2 hours they they were totally full of bunker. Have not heard of many being caught by hook and line but im sure once the water temp hits right the bay will be on fire.

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
barnaclebillsmarine said:
We had the state in here this week buying things and they claim the bay is packed with stripers right now and they are full of small bunker. Had another customer in that set nets off of Maurince river and within 2 hours they they were totally full of bunker. Have not heard of many being caught by hook and line but im sure once the water temp hits right the bay will be on fire.

adult bunker everywhere

large peanuts in the back bays.....

shoould be gang busters SOON.:eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts