BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done any research on using Scents? I have some Pro-Cure, Smelly Jelly, different varieties like clam, shrimp, saltwater, shedder crab, etc. Does this stuff help at all and what do you use it on. This year, I'm fishing strictly Gulp Alive!, minnows and some plastic like pink zoom. I also like shad darts tipped with a minnow.

Regards,

S.B.

·
Registered
624 Posts
scents imo are used to cover up human smell rather than smell like something the fish want. if you smoke or do construction you may have oil or nicotine on your hands. that will turn the fish off of your offering. scents are used to mask that problem. I have used as well as not used scents in FW the results are still up in the air. its anyone's guess.. although it cant hurt to use them. I usually keep my plastics for the salt mixed up in bags with a few drops of either bunker or herring oil in there.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
When I used to fish in the Delaware Bay I used to pre soak my sqiud in shedder oil. I found it to be effective in helping me catching more fish.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
When I used to fish in the Delaware Bay I used to pre soak my sqiud in shedder oil. I found it to be effective in helping me catching more fish.
best stuff I've used.. I use to catch tog on plastic zooms soaked in shedder oil. plus I love the smell of it on my hands ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts