I had a Surf Caught Bass Last Weekend that
had A Small Sore on its side,Nothing Like
That Though.All Thou over the years I have
seen a few like that.... Not Pretty.

[ 05-20-2004, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
378 Posts
We catch them all the time in the Cheas. with those sores. Biologists have told us that it does not effect humans and they are safe to eat.

I say, "you first!!!!" I will wait for a healthy fish thank you! Pig

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
we caught a flounder like that behind avalon that had similar sores on both the top and the bottom. he was a short so if someone else catches him, hes already been caught!

·
Registered
723 Posts
u sure that there not from dragging the fish over the rocks :D they r some nasty looking fish

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
I caught quite a few of them in the rivers with sores like that...SCARED the sh!t out of me when i seen it for the first time...Then i asked fish and game and they said it was harmless :confused: :confused: ....GO FIGURE!!!...I don't think they were as bad as that one in the pic,the one in the pic looks like his tail is rotting away...WOW!!!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I never seen them that bad. I have had the with sores but not with the tail like that. I wondered if the ones I saw could have been damaged from escaping a net.

·
Registered
126 Posts
sores...? Maybe it sars for fish who knows but that is a pretty nasty one ive caught bass with sores but nothing like that. This year all my striper have been healthy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
That is the worse case have seen for along time!. I caugh some over the year, but most of them on the tail side and about a silver dollar coin.
Thanks for the picture S.D

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I caught one like that two years ago at CISP. Somebody from the Barn was with me though I cannot remember who. It was a 30 incher that had half a tail just like that one, looked very much like that one in color as well. Mine only had one large reddish looking sore on its side, unlike this one which looks to have many.

I tossed it back.

[ 05-22-2004, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: PhilCVG ]

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
tossed it back? put it out of its misery! sheesh!

couple of barrels of "industrial waste" leaking green glowing schit prolly did that to em, dumped by vinny "no neck" naguzzi and sammy "the slimeball" sarducci

FUGGETABOUTIT!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts