BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the opportunity to fish the rips yesterday with Bluefishbones on his boat. Thanks again for the trip Tom.
Also along for the trip was a non-barn friend of Tom's. Saw a fair number of boats out there including Stalker and Adam Bomb, nice boats genltemen.

Drifted several of the rips using bucktails and strips of mackeral. Unfortunatly we had no luck in doing any catching.

Headed up to the D Bay to a spot Tom has had luck at in the past and here we found success. If you count skates that is ;) Managed to catch 6 of those lovely creatures.

Later we ran back out to the rips to give it another shot there. Once again no luck

From the looks of the other Rips reports nobody had any big success there yesterday, guess maybe the front that came thru on Friday shut the bite down. Still in all, a nice day spent with some GREAT company. Hope we can do it again soon Guys.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Hey Bob!

You should have gave me a shout! Fishing was tough, but it's always nice to be out on the water especially when the seas were as calm as they were. The front probably had something to do with the lack of activity. We have a trip running tomorrow, so we're hoping for some better fishin'!

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adam:

Will be sure to give you a shout next time. Channel 78 or 68? And agreed on the seas. ballroom smooth. Good luck tomorrow, hope you guys nail them.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Hey Bob it was a great day just being out on the water with you and Damon. Can't say we did not give it our best. The boat is going in for service on the 7th then we do it again. tried talking the wife in to eating some macks but it did not go over well, guess i'll save them for the next trip.Keep in touch. Let me know if you are in for No Bones tournament.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts