BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Fluke N' Nuts Flounder Tourney today with my cuz Mike (TRMB) and Rottn Captn. Had a plan to hit the stripers in the early a.m. (to try for heaviest fish) and then switch to the real deal- them flounder.

Well- we set up in a beautiful creek with crystal clear water and a sod bank just waiting to be abused. It was just a matter of time before these boys got on them stripers. We had to work through the grass and the sharks- but we ended up with 4 stripers to 29 inches. (Come to think of it, I personally never did work through them sharks- or the grass either).

Anyway- we should have left the striper grounds much earlier- after all it was a fluke tourney- but- as BAY guys sometimes do- we got striper fever all over again and stayed put.

Finally pulled the hook and headed to flattie land and proceeded to hook up with 18-20 shorties on various baits(minnow, blue fish, herring strips, and others).

Rottn finally put us on a keeper- but we never got 3 fish to weigh in the 3 fish stringer.

We ran to the weigh in with our stripers- hoping to win the heaviest overall fish- but we were beat out by .06 pounds. That's right .06.

Anyway- thanks for a great day on the water Mike and Ron. Enjoyed it immensley!!!

I'm sure they'll fill in the blanks.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Tommy,
sounds like a FUN day. That's all you can ask for. Placing or winning a tourny is just gravy

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Tom,

"it was bound to happen" :D

"don't flood the market" :D

"rules don't apply to me" (our Coast Gaurd Mike) :D

"Holy S*&T, the winch just snapped!" :D

"which crab pots and what side is the channel?" :D

"you could fish naked back here" :D

Give me some time and I'll think up with more ;)

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Guys you know I had a blast! That was some FUN fishing. I got some more:

"I can feel a lot of clams" (as we are pushing off of a sandbar) :D

"How does Rodfather know about back here?" :D

"Light up a cigarette, we need 2 more keepers!" :D

"Sorry 'bout that, I'm already dry" :D

"This is a channel?" :D

"Damn sharks!" (Scrapman) ;)

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ron- you have a pretty good memory.
Gotta be careful about what you say around him, guys. He don't let nothing slip buy.

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
he pays attention to details :D back bay fishing sure is interesting,i wonder how many boats never made to the scales.wow .06 !

freedom ots.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts