BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd mention that the fisheries guy checked my cooler and took a look at my fish today at the ramp. Saw some other guys on the water getting boarded. Just word of caution I guess. Guy didn't have an attitude. Friendlier than many that have checked me in other places.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Underdog,

Glad to hear the guy was decent. Just like any police officer they never know what they are about to confront.

I may not like the intrusion into my day, but I will always welcome the job they do. I hope they catch some of the #@**!^'s abusing the law.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I wish they were checking near Drag Island. I saw about six short flounder caught and kept by three different guys. My brother and I caught 3 for the day, all were less than 16" and went right back.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pop, He was not a survey guy, he was there to as he put it to me--"get easy pickings" The tide dropped and all the flounder chasers came in, easy for him to snag. He measured one of my fish and didn't bother with the rest. He checked my livewell too. I'm glad he was pleasant and amicable.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I have been checked a few times over the years. Both times I was checked in the same area of the bay. I am a stickler for not taking any chances on my boat.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
As Ive said on here a million times .your taxes dont pay for fish and wildlife. License fees do. Thats why we need some type of saltwater license designed by us before one we dont like is forced upon us by federal mandate.
Barrell

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Barrell,
If that was true, I would be all for it.
Unfortunately over the past few years, The democrats in NJ have been funneling the license and permit fees into the general fund.

The salt water license is only a couple of years away, but I hope there is some very specific wording on the use of funds in the bill that makes us pay more.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts