BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw in the latest issue that they're replacing the winter flounder category with mahi. I think this is a great move on their part. Too bad it wasn't last season, I had one that had a good shot at the top ten..

Anyone have any more info? What month is it the fish of the month? Any friendly wagers on what the top fish will weigh in at? I'd bet the top fish comes in a bit over forty with all contenders being over 25.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see your point lucky, but 1 out of 7 or so isn't bad. I think the number of anglers this will open the contest up to will outweigh the one month of exclusion to surf and small boat guys. plus, it will give some of the guys over in the cost vs. fun thread a chance to win a tender for their megayachts ;)

·
Registered
881 Posts
Frankly I'm just interested in seeing what size mahi these other guys are catching. I think we are getting more and more dolphin and bigger dolphin every year. Two years ago we had a 38 lb-er at the 30F tuna lump and I would bet guys had a lot larger than that. I've definitely seen some smaller boats bringing back some awfully big dolphin the last 3 years. Really want to know just how big they actually get here off Jersey.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts