BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Who is going on the Wildwood bus?...Show of hands please..:thumbsup:
Count me in. We need everyone to go or we better just shut up and stop complaining. This is the time. When you are older and your kids ask what you did when you were younger you can say "We marched on Washington" This is or you young guys out there. Believe me when you get a little older you will look back on these years and reflect. It's a great feeling when you can look back and feel that you made a noise and it counted. For the older guys it's one more chance to make a noise and we get so few of them. Everyone jump on board.

Fill the freaking bus.:yahooo::yahooo::yahooo::yahooo:

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
To the top.

·
Registered
24,486 Posts
Haven't made up my mind on whether I'll be on the Wildwood or King of Prussia boat, but I'll be on one of them.

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Come on Home Port. This thread isn't getting any attention and for the life of me I can't figure out why. Does anyone think this march is a bad idea? To everyone who complained about the seasons and rules this is the time to take a stance. We can make some noise here but it's got to be loud.

If everyone who makes it out for opening day of flounder season makes the trip. If everyone who takes that perfect day off in the fall to chase stripers shows up. If everyone who has kids and wants them to have some fishing rights for their kids comes forward. If half the people who get any kind of help from this site take the time and put out the effort to jump on a bus we will make the noise that will get attention. We need to clog some streets on February 24th and show that we are a united, concerned and mighty force that has to be delt with.

If you ask when will flounder season open. What size stripers can we keep. Whats going on with sharks, tuna, seabass and weakfish then you need to be on that bus. Personally I believe this will be a fun trip. End of February with nothing to fish for on a bus with a bunch of fellow anglers to make it to the capitol and shake some fences. We have one month to get ready. Not asking for a three year inlistment. No overseas duty. No hazardus duty. Nobody shooting and nobody getting hurt. Just a peacefull march on Washington to smile and say. Hey we fish and who here is going to listen to us. Come on. Lets do a Dog Pile on Washington.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Count me in! Already got my ticket. I'll be driving from New Castle De to Wildwood. If anybody needs a lift along the way give me a shout.
I'm also bringing some home made Italian roasted peppers with cheese & pepperoni - not to mention a few brewskies.

My bus is gonna have a good time!
Good food, beer & a bus load of barners - anybody that passes this up can be labeled a real "Richard Cranium".
George

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Chunking, What is the reason for the rally? I do not think the reason or reasons for the rally have been listed or debated in the home port.
DEBATED???

"The closures keep coming and it's good to see the collective fishing communities and industries, both recreational and commercial, calling for scientific based Magnuson reform," said Jim Donofrio, Executive Director of the Recreational Fishing Alliance (RFA). "We are all in this together." Donofrio cited recent closures of amberjack, black sea bass and red snapper fisheries as examples of what he calls a "broken" federal fisheries law.

The groups organized through United We Fish are hoping to prove to legislators just how many American anglers and business owners are truly being impacted by the overly restrictive management requirements created by MSA based on non scientific arbitrary deadlines. According to Bob Zales of the Conservation Cooperative of Gulf Fishermen (CCGF), the time-specific deadlines mandated by MSA coupled with flawed data collection methods are forcing anglers off the water. "We fully support real science based management and the conservation of our marine resources while also being able to sustain recreational and commercial fishing activities, providing locally caught seafood, sustaining small family businesses, and supporting our coastal communities."

This effort is being coordinated by many organizations and individuals including but not limited to the RFA, CCGF, United Boatmen of New York, United Boatmen of New Jersey, New York Sportfishing Federation, Maryland Saltwater Sportfishermen's Association and the Fishing Rights Alliance. "Some people have asked 'why, it's winter'," said Donofrio who said he's gotten the required permits and expects a large crowd in DC on February 24th, regardless of weather. "We can't let seasons stop the momentum, and if we wait any longer none of us will be fishing. Many members of Congress will be standing shoulder to shoulder with us," Donofrio said.

Nils Stolpe, a consultant to the commercial fishing industry and columnist for SavingSeafood.org said that over the past three decades since the original Magnuson Act was established, fishermen have been gradually phased out of the fisheries management process, regardless of sector. "The scientists have been put in charge, and as the list of closures and restrictions up above painfully demonstrates, the Act has been turned into a weapon that is now being used against fishermen and fishing communities."

What do you want to debate? the lack of scientific data? Or if we need to unite to keep our fisheries open?

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
DEBATED???

"The closures keep coming and it's good to see the collective fishing communities and industries, both recreational and commercial, calling for scientific based Magnuson reform," said Jim Donofrio, Executive Director of the Recreational Fishing Alliance (RFA). "We are all in this together." Donofrio cited recent closures of amberjack, black sea bass and red snapper fisheries as examples of what he calls a "broken" federal fisheries law.

The groups organized through United We Fish are hoping to prove to legislators just how many American anglers and business owners are truly being impacted by the overly restrictive management requirements created by MSA based on non scientific arbitrary deadlines. According to Bob Zales of the Conservation Cooperative of Gulf Fishermen (CCGF), the time-specific deadlines mandated by MSA coupled with flawed data collection methods are forcing anglers off the water. "We fully support real science based management and the conservation of our marine resources while also being able to sustain recreational and commercial fishing activities, providing locally caught seafood, sustaining small family businesses, and supporting our coastal communities."

This effort is being coordinated by many organizations and individuals including but not limited to the RFA, CCGF, United Boatmen of New York, United Boatmen of New Jersey, New York Sportfishing Federation, Maryland Saltwater Sportfishermen's Association and the Fishing Rights Alliance. "Some people have asked 'why, it's winter'," said Donofrio who said he's gotten the required permits and expects a large crowd in DC on February 24th, regardless of weather. "We can't let seasons stop the momentum, and if we wait any longer none of us will be fishing. Many members of Congress will be standing shoulder to shoulder with us," Donofrio said.

Nils Stolpe, a consultant to the commercial fishing industry and columnist for SavingSeafood.org said that over the past three decades since the original Magnuson Act was established, fishermen have been gradually phased out of the fisheries management process, regardless of sector. "The scientists have been put in charge, and as the list of closures and restrictions up above painfully demonstrates, the Act has been turned into a weapon that is now being used against fishermen and fishing communities."

What do you want to debate? the lack of scientific data? Or if we need to unite to keep our fisheries open?

Well said !!!!! Still don't know if I' taking the train or jumping on a bus. I just know I'll be there !!!!!!

·
Banned
542 Posts
The threat is real! The animal rights cult wants to stop all fishing! They have infiltrated many groups with nice GREEN names, that also want to end all fishing. Without flexibility in the MSFCMA their goal to end fishing could become reality! Why? Fish data is very ease to manipulate. Under the MSFCMA if a fish stock is not at 100% rebuilt, it must be rebuilt in the shortest time possible.That means even at 99% you are looking at a complete CLOSER . These groups are well funded. They have already manipulated their cult members on to fish councils and into fish data collection positions. What do you think their next move is?

----excerpt----
Several fishing boat owners are challenging the claims of Sally McGee, the Environmental Defense Fund senior staffer who also heads the New England Council's Scallop Committee.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
The threat is real! The animal rights cult wants to stop all fishing! They have infiltrated many groups with nice GREEN names, that also want to end all fishing. Without flexibility in the MSFCMA their goal to end fishing could become reality! Why? Fish data is very ease to manipulate. Under the MSFCMA if a fish stock is not at 100% rebuilt, it must be rebuilt in the shortest time possible.That means even at 99% you are looking at a complete CLOSER . These groups are well funded. The have already manipulated their cult members on to fish councils and into fish data collection positions. What do you think the next move is?
Fight fire with fire. Stand up and be counted. The next move?
HOP ON THE FREAKEN BUS:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Count me in! Already got my ticket. I'll be driving from New Castle De to Wildwood. If anybody needs a lift along the way give me a shout.
I'm also bringing some home made Italian roasted peppers with cheese & pepperoni - not to mention a few brewskies.

My bus is gonna have a good time!
Good food, beer & a bus load of barners - anybody that passes this up can be labeled a real "Richard Cranium".
George
I'm sitting close to you. Cheese, Pepperoni and the bus can go real slow all day long.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Whomever is going on the Wildwood bus please please go to the www.ssfff.net/ website and sign up for the bus trip. We need to start getting people signed up to see how many buses we will need. :thumbsup:

Capt Bob Rush
StarfishBoats.com

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.