BASS BARN banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Humminbird® SmartCast RF20 Rod-Mount Sonar
Savor the fish-finding power of a Humminbird sonar mounted to your rod. Simply attach the Remote Sonar Sensor? to your line and cast to the area you wish to know the depth of. Wet Switch? technology automatically shuts off the transducer when the unit is out of the water, while the A/B channel option permits you to use two sensors in the same area at the same time. The RF20 accommodates rod diameters from 3/8" to 1/2" and has a powerful 100-foot operating range. A one-touch menu on the completely waterproof 48 x 32 pixel display lets you navigate through Fish ID, depth range, fish alarm and sensitivity with ease. The display operates on a 2450 CR watch battery while the sonar sensor lasts for up to 400 hours of in-the-water usage. RF20 includes display and one sensor.

Humminbird® SmartCast RF30 Wrist-Mount Sonar
Now you can get the fish-finding power of Humminbird's powerful sonar without the inconvenience of lugging around heavy display units or a bulky mess of tangled wires. Simply attach the Remote Sonar Sensor? to your line and cast to the area you wish to know the depth of. The wireless transducer sends signals back to the wrist-mounted display from up to 75 feet away to give you a clear picture of what's below the surface. Wet Switch? technology automatically shuts off the transducer when the unit is out of the water. A/B channel option permits you to use two sensors in the same area at the same time. One-touch menu on the completely waterproof 48 x 32 pixel display lets you navigate through Fish ID, depth range, fish alarm and sensitivity with ease. The display operates on a 2450 CR watch battery while the sonar sensor lasts for up to 400 hours of in-the-water usage per battery. The RF30 includes the display and one sensor. Display measures 1"H x 3/4"W.

[ 10-14-2004, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I've been waiting for stories of Muskie, Pike, Bass, etc. taking one of those home with them. :eek: In the salt, it definately wouldn't be long before a blue ate one.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I just found it at bass pro shops for a $100.00.Seems pretty cool,which one of us is willing to be the guinea pig.And will it be the :D hottest new lure.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like Cabelas's has it on sale for
$89.99....

What I think would be neat,is to say lower
that baby down off a Bridge to check out
the structure and to find the deeper holes
etc...
As for BlueFish, Yeah I Know They Eat Anything
So Say We Just Lower It With A Steel Leader...

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by joey2boats:
Well strikes, are you gonna get one.
You Know I Am Old School When It Comes To
Fishing..I Don't Think I Would Spend Those
Bucks On It,I Would Rather Invest In More
Lures & Plastics... ;)

But With Today's Technology Its Getting
Too Easy and that Takes A Little Fun Out of
It I Think,,,
I can see were something like this could
help out big time on finding the right
place to fish.. Maybe I Will Put It On
My XMAS wish list.... :D
In the Mean Time,
I quess I will stick to reading the water
and using my natural senses,I been doing
ok so far.....

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Dick's Sporting Goods carries it. I looked at it a couple of times, but decided to wait. I have talked to someone else that used it for freshwater and said he really likes it. Like Strikes mentioned above it could take the fun out of some fishing while it could really help in other situations.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have one, I'd say don't waste your money. it doesn't work off bridges or piers (too far away??), but in freshwater, it might be a good thing to have. Its very heavy, so you need to have more than 6 lb. test. I'm thinking I could try to sell it in the barn sale forum if somebody wants to try it out.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ahh, I just love the Barn !!!!!

Thanks Bucktail3 for that Info.....

I will save my money for more bags of Pinkies ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts