BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I got a friend of mine who lost his brother and him home in the Katrina hurricane. His home was right on Lake Ponchetrain and he loves fishin. He got out with his life and his truck, everything else gone, including his boat & fishin gear. He's in data processing and his company moved their operations to their Disaster Recovery site up in Philly. They're putting him up in a hotel for 8-10 months, so fortunately, he's still got a job and a roof over his head.
Here's where I need some help. I'm planning on takin' him out fishin' this Sunday (10/2), and need you guys to give me some advice on where to fish. (I haven't been out recently, tied up with residing my house.) My boat is in the Wildwood area, so either ocean, DBay, or back waters are good. Got a 23 footer, so far offshore is out of the question, but as long as weather cooperates, somewhat offshore is ok. I always bragged about our Jersey stripers, and I will get him out striper fishin when things heat up. But, for now, any suggestions on where to go this Sunday to show him how good our fishin is? If ya prefer, emails are ok, but, probably last time I'll get to check will be Saturday around 5pm.
(I'm gonna post this same msg in other forums too.)
Thanks Gang,
Dan

[ 09-29-2005, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: MATDKAT ]

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
Bummer about losing so much. Your a good friend. I don't know whats going on down at wildwood area but I do know 6 bouy and the regular areas off fortescue a lot of limits of wealfish are coming in right now. Shedder top bait with others working well. Check out some of the reports on teh del bay forum. You can't go wrong out there right now. croakers/blues/weaks....all ya want to clean or throwback. like i said...lots of limits now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts