BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some information about fishing along the Delaware Bay Beach in Mid March for Stripers. I am interested in Pierce's Point, Reeds Beach and High Beach.

I want to know if plugs or bait are better.

·
Registered
31,677 Posts
REEDS BEACH WAS TALKED ABOUT ALOT .IF THAT FAR GO THE REST AND DO THE CAPE MAY POINT JETTY EARLY MORNING.MID MARCH MIGHT BE ALITTLE EARLY. MID APRIL NEAR THE FULL MOON MIGHT BE BETTER.

·
Registered
129 Posts
coach, I do alot of fishing in that area, and i always do well closer to early may, but it does seem to hold fish in close, and i have always hit them on clam and bloodworm combo! and you might even pick up a drum too!

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I grew up on Highs Beach, and live on Pierce's Point now.

Check it out at low tide, you can see where all the nice holes are, alot are pretty close to the beach, I usually do better casting closer in, clam and bloodworms work well.

I used to start trying around the end of March, with a fish here or there, then things get better by April, May you might get a little drum mixed in, or a nice bass... but too many seagulls and horseshoe crabs messing with you bait and line.

GOOD LUCK, maybe I'll see you down there.

[ 03-04-2006, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: Stalker Charters ]

·
Registered
129 Posts
Take note of beach closing during the migration of birds! There is a about a 2 week period it is all roped off so the birds can eat the horseshoe crab eggs before they move on! Besides, you don't want to reel in those crabs doubled up on your bait! they never let go!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.