BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a party who like croakers going Monday. Is there any croaker action around or near CM or Canal Inlet?

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
marjon, I fished a headboat 2 weeks ago - we fished the clean water breaks on the outter edge of the rips and had excellent action and an excellent diner!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
curious how big are the typical croakers in the CM area? I just got back from a trip to Solomons MD and we caught croakers mixed in w small bass on 5inch bass assassins. The croakers were unbelievable 17inches avg. tough little buggers

·
Registered
605 Posts
Fished CM Point/Rips Saturday 7/31. With 5 people must have caught 50 flounder but only 1 above 16/5".

Caught 25 Croakers 12" or better. Squid and minnows with shark bellies too.

·
Banned
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

My plan is to start at the rips, if no action then try around the turn buoy, then 9 and 10 buoy and finally the ancorage.

If anyone will be out there give me a shout.
The boat name is Lady Kate

·
Registered
71 Posts
MARJON

I FISH SUNSET BEACH IN CM FOR CROAKERS AT THIS TIME OF YEAR AND WE DO VERY WELL WITH FISH IN THE 12 TO 16 IN. RANGE ON SQUID AND OR CLAM PEICES.
TOP AND BOTTOM RIGS SIZE 2/0 OCTOPUS HOOKS

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Been fishing down at the point for croakers when it has been to nasty to go any further for fluke! Use pink squid...cut it in half and you should be good to go!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts