BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently moved to the northern va area and was curious if anyone knew any good places to go fishing around here? I was prob going to drive straight across to the chesapeake bay and fish there on a party boat or rental boat. If anyone knows of anything please let me know. thanks!

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone? what about cheasapeake beach? its only 50 miles or so from my place...thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Check the Friday weekend section of the Washington Post. They have an extensive freshwater and salt water report. I use to fish out of Schiebles Fishing Center out of Point Lookout. There was a headboat called the Bay King. I use to do pretty good. Deale, Md also has a nice fishing center.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I live in Arlington, VA. I keep my boat in Ocean City, NJ since I grew up outside Philadelphia and have fished out of OC my entire life.

Your best bet on the Chesapeake is Schiebels. The headboat is a good, cheap way to get out and they also have a large stable of charter boats if you have your own group.

The boats at Schiebels tend to chum for stripers rather than troll which is what I prefer. The boats further north in areas like Deale, MD tend to stick to the troll unless the fish are stacked up. I have always had much better trips down around Pt. Lookout where Scheibles is located.

E-mail me and I can send you the link to a very good charter captain down there that I used a year or so ago.

If you do not want to make to run to southern Maryland, I would suggest fishing in the Potomac out of Fletchers Boathouse off of River Road in the District. It is very inexpensive and there are usually some stripers lurking around the area where Fletcher's is located from April through September.

Feel free to e-mail me if you have more questions. I love living in Northern Virginia but fishing options around here are fairly limited unless you like freshwater bass fishing.

·
Banned
5,940 Posts
I had some good fishing out of Chesapeake beach.
Susky flats is about 2 hours away in the spring.
CBBT in the fall.

·
Banned
5,940 Posts
I had some good fishing out of Chesapeake beach.
Susky flats is about 2 hours away in the spring.
CBBT in the fall.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fishalot,
could u put the link in here? i might want to head down to the bay this weekend and try that one party boat you were talking about. please let me exact location and what not cause i couldn't find it online. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts