BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Was there Wed. a.m. on the south jetty - 6 to 10 am. Small blues of metal and not much else happening. Tide changed and emptied the river of grass. Got tired of it and went to Manasquan. Small blues there also. Use squid/spearing for fluke, bunker or mullet for blues and the occasional striper. Small pieces of squid for kingfish and croakers.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Larry
See if you can use long cut mackeral strip bait topped with a live minnow.
If you're fishing from the shore/rocks - remember to regularly change out/refresh your minnow water.
If you're drifting - give the line to the fish as you're getting a hit, as thinner strips of mackeral can get mealy and rip/bitten in half and you may loose the fish.

Just saw Ihunt's post - stick with his advise

[ 08-06-2005, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: RedAtNight... ]

·
Registered
257 Posts
gotta tell ya since it got so hot i switched to chicken chunks soaked in you got it,w/d 40..nailed 9 flats//12 croakers withit sat,,,,try it its cheap to...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ichan,

Was there yestarday there are snapper blues stacked in the river right now. Take a size 12 hook with a dead spearing under a bobber and catch one and live line on the bottom, doormats can't lay off them.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the tip ill try it next sunday, today i use gulp sandworms and caught a nice 18" fluke, i caught it at one of the bouys, if u exit the river into the ocean and go straight ahead u will c a bouy that has a horn that goes off every once in a while, well ne ways i was sitting on my waverunner drifting when i went to reel in, BAMM the fluke took it and tried to run. i tried the river also only saw shorts being caught though

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i saw birds floating on the water near the bouy i caught the fish, does that mean there are blues around or do the birds have to be actively diving into the water

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.