BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Booked a charter for Friday and Monday the 1st.

Staying in Ft Myers & Fishing in the Charolette harbor area for Snook,Reds, and hopefully a Silver king (Tarpon)

Never caught the Tarpon, but know the Snook and Reds are a blast. I think this is a great time of year for a shot at a Poon'

Any advice? Taking my 10 Yr old boy who LOVES to fish !!!
The guide uses mostly live bait, Sradines, thread fin,,,etc

Can't wait !!!!

[ 04-25-2006, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: C-phase ]

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Listen to what your Capt says. Let him know what you want or do not want to do. Should be goo sea trout also. Find out if your Capt has you covered for a license. Florida does sell 3 & 7 day licenses. Your son will not need one. Have a great time & hope your boy hooks a big-un.

[ 04-26-2006, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: sparse grey ]

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think the snook season closes May 1 so you may want to try for them on the first day and others on the second trip. The trout maybe a better bet for the youngster. The snook and reds require some stealth and precision casting around the mangroves. Maybe some tarpon in the pass but I think the main push is later toward June. But your guide should know best. Don't forget sunscreen, bug repelent, hats and sunglasses.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
I will be in Gaparilla next week

Doing a night trip in the pass for Tarpon, they fish with crab on the troll. The tarpon are in already. Snook and trout are real hot now, mostly at night with plugs and a free-lined shrimp. Work the dock lights. Railroad tressle during the day

Good luck

[ 04-26-2006, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Bass ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.