BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend any charter boat in Cancun, Mexico. I am going for a week with 6 families and we are looking to go offshore fishing two to three days. I would appreciate if anyone on the barn that has had good experiences fishing on a charter boat and obviously with which one. I see online that their are many boats to choose from. If you have a boat, captain and/or name that would be great.

Thanks for your help,

Capt Dan

· Registered
2,517 Posts
I was there in 2005 and found the charters to be a bit expensive, but
I did go out on an evening party boat that was fantastic. It left the dock
at 600pm and returned at midnight. Not too many people aboard, and we all caught a large variety of fish. Only cost $50.00 at that time. There were
three mates who, besides tending to your bait and lines, would constantly
fill your cup with Corona beer poured from large bottles. There were also
tequila shots mixed with a lemon soda available. I tipped them nicely from the
first beer, and they were overly hospitable with the drinks the whole trip.:eek:
All the fish caught goes into a community box, and then on the ride back
in it is fileted and cooked with rice, vegetables, and spices from a steam
table that is set up on board. Everyone is served a delicious fish dinner
to cap the evening off. All the beer, tequila etc. is included in the price.
Awesome trip! Completely memorable!:thumbsup: Just look along the docks and
ask around.

· Registered
54 Posts
Keen M

I went a couple of years ago and went out of Isla Mujeres. You would take a taxi and then a ferry to the island. It maybe takes 30 minutes total. The boat was nice and the captain and mate were good. I went over the summer and caught 5 sailfish, 12 bonito and a mahi mahi. Their was a restuarant right at the dock that cooked the mahi mahi for us. The fishing was non stop. When I researched fishing this company was recommended highly by several people and i also read articles on them in magazines. If you end up using them, get me a tshirt size X large! I asked several times one and they never ended up sending me one. THey have a website the company is called Keen M International.

· Registered
1,612 Posts
I went a couple of years ago and went out of Isla Mujeres. You would take a taxi and then a ferry to the island. It maybe takes 30 minutes total. The boat was nice and the captain and mate were good. I went over the summer and caught 5 sailfish, 12 bonito and a mahi mahi. Their was a restuarant right at the dock that cooked the mahi mahi for us. The fishing was non stop. When I researched fishing this company was recommended highly by several people and i also read articles on them in magazines. If you end up using them, get me a tshirt size X large! I asked several times one and they never ended up sending me one. THey have a website the company is called Keen M International.
Good charter,they run two boats a thiry-six and a forty-one footer.This time of year I'd recommend the bigger boat..it gets pretty rough in winter.

· Registered
100 Posts
i wwent out of puerto adventous and hooked up several times ..some of the best fishing ever. you can keep the fish if you like and take it to one of the restraunts in the port they will cook it rught up 4 you..you can also swim with dolphins right in the lagoon,, good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.