BASS BARN banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live 5 minutes from a golf course that has a lot of lakes in it. A kid I know fished in one and caught a nice lm bass. He said his aunt lives in the development there right next to a lake so he fished there. I haven't talked to the kid in over a year. Does anyone know if i can go on the golf course and fish in the lakes or could I get in trouble fishing there?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Depends on the course and the time of day. I fished on quite a few courses, before play started and after it finished (generally the best fishing times anyway) and mostly didn't have a problem. Getting to know the head of course maintenance and/or a stop at the pro shop to inquire and make "friends" can go a long way to avoiding problems. Common sense :rolleyes: and courtesy can go a long way here. Good luck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I am going to stop in sometime and ask about it. I don't want to get arrested for trespassing. Like you said, if its before or after the hours people are golfing then there shouldnt be a problem. I think i'll try it soon before it warms up. I haven't seen too many people golfing yet.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
You would be surprised at the size and number of fish on a golf course. Friend of mine had time share at Hilton Head. I went out on the course and fished the creek running through it, since it was a rainy morning and no one was playing. I had one of the best days ever in fresh water. I was using spinners and jigs and in about a half hour caught 30 fish on as many casts. Nothing hugh but all decent size. [large mouth bass, crappie, bluegills., great fun.] The salt water creeks at low tide were loaded with the largest blueclaw crabs I ever saw. I guess all the money people ignore these areas and only the locals bother.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
i fished at a pond in a golf course by my house only later to find out that its drained every year before winter. since than i was under the impression that all man made ponds at golf courses are drained before winter.

·
Registered
677 Posts
just a tip

most REALY good fresh water spots in new jersey require ALOT of stealth and good sneakers;) :D

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
I know of a certain golf course in South Jersey where a tourney is held that has some real nice LM basss in the ponds. I may have some pics in about a month......:D :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
ya i live near harbor pines. i fished there for sunnys then went over to beaver lake(across the street) and threw them in. nice bass. everytime i went there with 3 friends EACH caught 8-10 lm bass. not even 1 lbers 2 1/2 3 4 nice ones! o and at the golfcourse i was fishing and a golf ball came next to me?:rolleyes: my friend picked it up. the guy lost his ball too! what a coinceidence

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
shimwhite said:
ya i live near harbor pines. i fished there for sunnys then went over to beaver lake(across the street) and threw them in. nice bass. everytime i went there with 3 friends EACH caught 8-10 lm bass. not even 1 lbers 2 1/2 3 4 nice ones! o and at the golfcourse i was fishing and a golf ball came next to me?:rolleyes: my friend picked it up. the guy lost his ball too! what a coinceidence
i used to work with a girl whose backyard butted up to a golf course.we were hopping the fence and taking balls all night one time.:D funny stuff at the time,i guess i'd have been pissed if i was on the other end of it though.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
ReadyJettyGo said:
I know of a certain golf course in South Jersey where a tourney is held that has some real nice LM basss in the ponds. I may have some pics in about a month......:D :D
those ponds are loaded! got a couple out of there waiting to tee off. Ill have my set-up at the tourney

RyanF

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have fished on the golf course

Hi big186,

I have fished on a local golf course in the past. Being a golfer I have an understanding of what the concerns of the greens keeper are. For you guys who don't golf , they never want to slow down play of the paying customers. Most non golfers don't realize how far out of sight you need to be not to be of concern to the players. Most of then have no idea where their ball is going to land, in essence they all stink at the game. They really don't want to hit anyone with the ball and know it's a real possibility. What I would do is go on days when the course was in essence closed. If it rains on a Saturday in the morning and the course gets saturated it basically closes. If it stops around 2:00 its too late for golfers to play usually , so I go there late in the day. What I do is find where the stream that connects the various ponds enters a pond. A few hours after the rain stops the water will become clear that enters the pond . That area will be loaded with fish. Usually on a day like that there isn't really anything to do outside anyway so I give it a try. I usually have good luck when I have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts